Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If anyone can help...!!!

hope this is ok to do,... seen this on the internet, those of you that Know Joe, know what kind of guy he his,anyways willing to help,
    my heart goes out to this family...

I understand it's the holidays and times are tight for everyone, but we have friends that have lost everything in the Thomas Fire. They are a family of 6 that were living in a 2 bedroom apartment that was burned to the ground. They only have their computer and 3 days worth of clothes.

I am willing to match any cash donation, dollar for dollar and will take ANYTHING you have to give.

Please text me at 661-993-9192 if you want to help.

My PayPal is jdaquino99@gmail.com or Venmo @Joseph-Daquino

Does anyone know where these people are?...do they have a place to stay? I wanna do what ever I can to make sure these kids have a Christmas... I have an empty house in havasu..

Very kind of you Steve. How did you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    I hacked in to a secret web site,boater friends

this situation touches very close to home for me, I guessing that I was around 20, pregnant wife, one in the stroller, sheetmetal union threw a big ass strike and shut down construction in vegas, I had just moved back to vegas, no work in Cal, and was struggling to keep on my feet, I had 71 mach 1 mustang, we rented an old trailer out on LV blvd . in north town...pay by the week..broke, got about 3 weeks of work in..fire burned our car and trailer to the ground, along with everything else, including the rat hole money that I stashed to rent us a better place....I was able to ship the family off to relatives and stood guard at the trailer... slept in a lawn chair...the owner of the trailer park let me do some work...lol.. union carpenter, paid me 3 bucks an hour..my drywall tools were in the trunk of the car...burned, but salvaged a couple pieces...when the fire broke out , we were at the pool, so only clothes we had were swim wear, and beach towels..probley the longest 2 weeks ever in my life... jail time went by quicker...with the few bucks I was able to make,...I got enough money to rent another place..another trailer by the week...

So, as my life turned, and got a few bucks tucked away... every year I try to find a fire family to help around the Christmas holiday... I was on the hunt, usually I don't anything about the people, I try to give with my right hand with out my left knowning so to speak...the real joy of Christmas for me is to help others I don't know...most the people I know don't need anything... and a lot don't deserve want they got....lol... me included...

so, how can we make these kids have a great Chrismas....

Thank you very much for sharing this over here Steve. With your generous donation and the many others we received last night, we have raised over $2k dollars. With that, I am personally going to match the $2k raised and send them a check for $4k.

It may not be a lot but it will help them have a great Christmas and hopefully start to replace everything they lost.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    this situation touches very close to home for me, I guessing that I was around 20, pregnant wife, one in the stroller, sheetmetal union threw a big ass strike and shut down construction in vegas, I had just moved back to vegas, no work in Cal, and was struggling to keep on my feet, I had 71 mach 1 mustang, we rented an old trailer out on LV blvd . in north town...pay by the week..broke, got about 3 weeks of work in..fire burned our car and trailer to the ground, along with everything else, including the rat hole money that I stashed to rent us a better place....I was able to ship the family off to relatives and stood guard at the trailer... slept in a lawn chair...the owner of the trailer park let me do some work...lol.. union carpenter, paid me 3 bucks an hour..my drywall tools were in the trunk of the car...burned, but salvaged a couple pieces...when the fire broke out , we were at the pool, so only clothes we had were swim wear, and beach towels..probley the longest 2 weeks ever in my life... jail time went by quicker...with the few bucks I was able to make,...I got enough money to rent another place..another trailer by the week...

So, as my life turned, and got a few bucks tucked away... every year I try to find a fire family to help around the Christmas holiday... I was on the hunt, usually I don't anything about the people, I try to give with my right hand with out my left knowning so to speak...the real joy of Christmas for me is to help others I don't know...most the people I know don't need anything... and a lot don't deserve want they got....lol... me included...

so, how can we make these kids have a great Chrismas....
    wow i had no idea. God bless you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeBoater View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing this over here Steve. With your generous donation and the many others we received last night, we have raised over $2k dollars. With that, I am personally going to match the $2k raised and send them a check for $4k.

It may not be a lot but it will help them have a great Christmas and hopefully start to replace everything they lost.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Beautiful!! Do they have a gofundme deal???

Beautiful!! Do they have a gofundme deal???
    No, I was scrambling last night to get everything set up and I think those crowd funding pages, take a chunk of the money so just decided to do PayPal and Venmo for now.

A few people are mailing checks.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeBoater View Post
    No, I was scrambling last night to get everything set up and I think those crowd funding pages, take a chunk of the money so just decided to do PayPal and Venmo for now.

A few people are mailing checks.

If you dont mind, please post up the PayPal and venmo info here: