Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melloyellovector View Post
    Iv got a vector and a 210 also. Gels on both were original and had zero issues. Vector 89, 210 96,
    Now for power vector has been at barrett for ever, to be complete soon with a healthy 509
    210 has a 548
    I can tell you that stock 500 ain’t getting that thing in the 80s, maybe down river with tail wind, solo and near empty. And then it might hit 80.
    The 500 in the vector ( if it’s truly healthy ) will likely hit 80. Note that boats been for sale for 2 years I’m sure it wasn’t sitting entire time,
    As far as color on that 210 yes something has to change! if you love the simplicity of the vector white with pins then do new gel all white with simple blue pins on 210, buyers later will appreciate it, lol
    Vectors are great fun boats, but you ain’t getting no younger. And they are a touch rougher in the snot, and wind in your face. You no damn well you ain’t keeping the vector long. Mine once done will be used but it’s getting built for show and go.
    The 210 is a more desired boat by the masses for sure. Better money spent on making that sweet for yourself and resale.
    You do not need 24in tabs like I and others have. 16” + or - will work fine.

Vectors for sale in 20k and up range sit for awhile ( get in the 30+ range and they sit for years )
    210s mid 20s on up if look good and have the right stuff sale pretty quick, especially closed bows.
    lotta good info right there...I've had both the halletts before...the vectors are like howard river cruisers, if you learn to peddle them they will do pretty good...but not as good as the 210's, but the 210's pay the price on the top end speed.... my bet is lucky to see a solid 75-76 mph out of the 210 as is, and for me that would be plenty fast...in fact a guy could build a nice 496 out of the 454 with some heads and make some good power..pretty sure the 500 hp is really closer to 475 hp.. but a ton of torque..the 210's I've owned... both open and closed bows.all get a little loose at the 70 mark..and if tabbed right are pretty nice boats... all of my halletts I put a ride plate right at the drive and it really makes them handle at speed and keeps them from kite-ing off the rollers.. gives it that more of a schiada feel and doesn't crash at the boat rollers..kinda skips across the ruff water...

as far as the gel issue goes,... the 210 is probley the nicest gel of any hallett I've owned..it has a little scratch on the starboard side about 1'' or so long.. and that's it... never beached and garage kept..no fading, checking, cracking or any issues...but fugly colors....don't know of a real for ever fix to gel...once you sand and shoot new gel, I think it gets too think and looses it's durability..that and the extreme heat of havasu will make it crack, add the ruff ass water to the mix and I think it's problems waiting to happen,.. at best, when you spray gel you need to panel shoot it and have a place to kill the edge , and really need to sand it down to the glass and build it up new...I've only sprayed gel a couple of times and it was a disaster.. this is my idea, when you restore something, it needs to be as good or better than new..

that's where i'm at with the 210,...I thought the colors would grow on me, hasn't happened yet.. and it would be a shame to go messing with the gel and cause issues to a true survivor ...the color combos kill the look of what could be a real nice looking boat.... but ,... it is what it is..and I don't like it..

I could have a painted boat with no problems, I take care of my stuff..but it kills resale and makes a lot of people shy away..i wish the 210 was red and white

to everyone, feel free to speak your mind about this deal, no need to sugar coat the story, won't bother me,..I didn't have any thing to do with the picking of colors , or building this boat...I could live with the boat , not gonna say I'd like it...something about the colors kills it for me..Name:  00A0A_iuKJOdb1u9J_1200x900.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  113.9 KBName:  00C0C_4I3pwslZtG3_1200x900.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  85.4 KBName:  00b0b_hgclAUOC6ov_1200x900.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  97.5 KB

Just to be clear here... not try'n to dis-credit hallett here on the build of this hallett,... it is a very quality build.. with lots of good up-grades.. it has very good gel, and like I said ,a true surviver on the longevity end.. but if there every was a boat that needed "cry'n Jordans..... this is it.. I paid a lot of doe to get this boat, and was probley the only guy that was willing to step up and pay the price..but that's all history now as it "IS" mine... as of now I don't know a true fix to this ugly duck...or one that is cost effective.. my thought was there is a lot of good parts here , just not in the right pile...people say it looks good to be nice..but so far all have added ,"Not the colors I would choose"
    so is there a real fix??? or go with the plan to swap motors?

Also, to be clear, not try'n to start drama here about halletts, but more looking for advise on what to do here..if someone loves this 210 as is..bring your cash and a 2'' ball and we would both be happy...lol.. so far all the advise I've gotten is " I would have never bought that boat to begin with".. which has been proven by the guy unable to sell it till I came along..... but now at the cross roads of what to do with it..is there a fix to this problem?

and also.. as far as the rathers go...I would rather have a 210 with a 500 hp than a vector for what I would do with it,... so maybe learn to like it and sell the vector??...that was the OG plan... but not working so far...

Where is this boat from?? I think I've seen it before unless they cookie cutter their colors and patterns

HEY-LAM Bought a hallett 210...500hp

If you're going to keep the 210 for a while maybe get a quote from Nordic, Saleen, etc to see what it would cost to clean up the deck and remove the purple and pink down the sides.
    I think if you made the deck white it would look better. The purple and pink seem more subtle down the sides in your photo. Also I say lose the graphic on the side below the colors. Of course if you're going to spend the money to re gel

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Engine swap?

Wait, isn't one of the boats a twin turbo deal OR did I dream that in a dream?
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Where is this boat from?? I think I've seen it before unless they cookie cutter their colors and patterns
    story I got was the boat has always been on clear lake, up past SF... the title says the guy I bought from bought It in 06 and he says he bought it from the OG owner

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    2FF... Pick which one you like the best and do this to it, so you and the Mrs. can just enjoy the heck out of it...

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by hallett21 View Post
    If you're going to keep the 210 for a while maybe get a quote from Nordic, Saleen, etc to see what it would cost to clean up the deck and remove the purple and pink down the sides.
    I think if you made the deck white it would look better. The purple and pink seem more subtle down the sides in your photo. Also I say lose the graphic on the side below the colors. Of course if you're going to spend the money to re gel

we think the same, but,... any where you go you will end up with an edge, and even if you bury it in clear, you still have places that the gel would have to be feathered out, that making for some think and thin gel...I don't know what the experts say, but I think it would come to be a problem down the roadName:  00m0m_lsTKjbVr2U9_600x450.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  39.6 KBName:  00A0A_iuKJOdb1u9J_1200x900.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  113.9 KBName:  00C0C_4I3pwslZtG3_1200x900.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  85.4 KBName:  00L0L_5fTqfgzet0S_1200x900.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  110.5 KB