Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas Lights 2017

So there was no CL2016 due to the fact that I was living with my in-laws last year at this time. Well, we've moved into the new place so we have some new lights. There's some missing in the picture as I didn't realize the roof line lights were blown out until the wife commented on IG. So here's to 2017!

I put up a few lol

We’ll see how it looks soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom!!!!

Christmas Lights

There's just something so very wonderfull about putting up lights and decorating for the season. I know, for me, I can trace the feeling to being a kid. Back when I was a proverbial knee-high, I remember vividly my Dad putting up a single string of lights across the front of our house, which were plugged into an adaptor which was screwed in between the porch lamp bulb and it's base, so that when you flipped the switch to turn the porch light on the Christmas lights would go on too. My brother and sister and I fought to be the one every night that got to throw the switch. One string across the front....that's all we had, that's all everyone had, and it was so cool. When EVERY house had lights up, it was like a story book. Damn near everyone did put up some decorations....it didn't matter if you were Catholic, Jewish, Protestant, whatever, and it didn't matter whether your family was rich or not-so-much, everybody decorated somehow. There was a guy at the corner of my old street, when I was a kid, that worked at night, slept all day, and since he was never home at night to enjoy the lights, he put up a mailbox out at the street, lit up with a small floodlight, that he painted the name "Ebenezer Scrooge" on the sides. His house was a hit!!!
    Fast forward to today, I hold Halloween and Christmas dear and always decorate...the kid in me shows through, even years ago when I went through the Mother of All Divorces, and didn't have two nickels to rub together, I weathered somehow to keep Christmas. I never tire of seeing how creative others can get with their own decorating. The season reminds us that there is Hope, and Peace, and Love , and a childlike person still in all of us.

Christmas lighting is one great way to remember the reason we celebrate for us.

Name:  IMG_1580.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  496.0 KB
    The best things in life aren't things!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Looking good y'all...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Name:  christmaslights.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  275.8 KB
    Woah, that is at "Huntington Harbor" levels!
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Shit I’m not posting my junk now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  FU79HFVG33OQ7QC.LARGE.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  45.3 KB

AND then there is Joe Cool...

Name:  images-2.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  14.2 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 12-02-2017 at 06:42 PM.