Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is there such a motorhome?

well, I did a full circle and ended up with my ol born free back,... but still would like to find something smaller...But, is there something out there like I want? here's what I want on the want list,..something small.. inside.. a bed. a sink, roof a/c and a gen to run it..maybe add a micro wave to the deal?..I don't want to live in itnow for the coach... I would like to have dual rear wheels.. and power to tow a 7k boat, or there about..doesn't have to have 7' ceiling .. and 6' would be ideal..something 20' or less would be perfect...I tried the 22' thor... measured out at 24' just a little too bg..I towed 10k with it so more than ample power with the v-10... went down the road with ease and up the steepest grades...but, I hated the over head bed part, and would never use it for any thing,..it was to big for a second rv, and too small for the only one..

is there such a coach out there... the big must is the gen and roof a/c...I looked at the Mercedes models... but no real tow capacity ...and not enough power.. then they over load it with too big of motor home..

Probably not. I think want you want isn't something that a lot of people want. Therefore, there isn't enough money in it for a manufacturer to build one.

You could probably get one custom made, but the cost would probably be pretty high.

If I was going to go smaller than the one we have it would be a sprinter van type with a tall roof line.

My Wife calls that a "Westin"

well. .... went out and gutted the furniture out of the born free...like most anything, first you know what you are gonna use something for... for me, the main objective is comfortable over night sleeping... the jack beds are small and they suck to sleep on..it has the v-10 power... so plenty.. tows 10k with out busting anything..it's a little bigger than I want... put probley the smallest dually you can get... that will tow up a grade

so I'm building a queen size(if it will fit) or full size bed frame box... it will lift up for storage... and be accessible from out side... plan is to put the divider to where I can carry a spare tire under the bed and get it out through the out side door..we'll see how this comes together... off to home depot....lol

ok, so here the "SO-FAR"... not that anyone gives a fly'n fuc at a roll'n doughnut...most try to figure out why i'm doing stuff, then what I'm doing...lol
    but here's the plan, as said.. what I use the "COOL RIG" for is over nite...we bought it to haul the pets to havasu and have roof air to keep them cool if we wanna stop some where..that and if I go on a run to pick up a bote or some thing and need a nape...

the plan is to put a queen size bed..I'm building a plat form box that will give storage to the out side and divided in half to have under bed storage in side...
    the bed will measure 60'' wide X 72'' long...I bought a foam 3 layer mattress that I will cut down to fit... they are 80'' long.. I'm only 5'9'' and like to sleep with my feet off the end of the bed

here the area I'm working with...like I said... I will give up a little to be able to sleep comfortable

.Name:  DSC03872 (2).JPG
Views: 106
Size:  229.1 KB

.Name:  DSC03873.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  222.6 KB

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    you inspire me... you have more gogogogogogogogogogogo than I do by a factor of 20
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Dude thats gonna be a bitchin shaggin wagon

But who you gonna get to go inside?

Cool. Looking forward to progress pics

OK, Started on the box this morning...here's my progress...the whole thing is demountable to ease in installing in the RV...where the plywood stops, is where it will hinge ,and a partition will be installed to separate the out side storage from the in side...it's gonna be a nice sleeper with extra added storage in side...looks like it's gonna work so far...

.Name:  DSC03874.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  143.0 KB

.Name:  DSC03875.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  133.8 KB