Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

HEY-LAM.. new rv

so I sold the little white born free... and bought a new 2018 22'r class C...we just got back from a 4 day cruise to the coast, went to Disneyland.. knottsberry farm, knotts scary farm, and down to huntington beach...they put the new 22'rs on the 158" wheelbase, where as they were on the 138"" before..so not the big over hang in the back.....first mod was to pull all the stickers off...now she's all white...it was a good test run ...windy as hell both ways...she tracked and handled great..we stayed at anahiem rv park and was able to go anywhere we wanted and easy parking...the tv situation in the class C is always a propble, this one came with a 40" that know where you sit could you see it,... and only could see half of it from the corner bed... so that was the second mod...the cabinet drawers were a joke.. 1/8" paneling bottoms... so I made new 1/2" plywood bottoms..now you can store bottles of water with out the drawer bottoms blowing out..

the coach handled well , but the next mod will be the tires... it has the little 225-75-16's.. freeway speed...(70 mph) it's spinning 2500 rpm's, it's geared low , and with the 6 speed trans. it's in 3rd before you cross the intersection... the tires I always use are the 235-85-16's it will bring the rpms down to about 2100 @ 70 mph...the coach it light weight..no slides..

Cool. What prompted the change?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynandBob View Post
    Cool. What prompted the change?
    although the born free was very nice and worked good for me, the fact that it was an 05 was one of the move up factors...I hate sues alpine....in fact when I had it sold.. she stepped up and bought it...so It sits ...traveling on the open road with my born free was second to none...plenty of power..handling was top rated... but .. the only bed was the jack knife sofa..2 adults and 2 dogs was cramped at best, next the bath area was real small, but I loved it.. wife not so much...so we went to this 22'r..it is 10" longer than the born free.. the coach has sleeping for 6...the corner bed is a lot more comfortable to sleep in..but it's a challenge to make the bed up... we got that part figured out. start from the top of the bed and work down... easy breezy...next the new one has a lot more storage and cabinets...the born free got a solid 10mpg... where as the test so far on the 22'r is 8.1mpg coming from L.A. to vegas...lots of grades to pull and the wind was blowing pretty good...

Congrats Steve!

here's the corner bed.....54"x80"... the Denver mattress sucks, so that will be upgraded..

Name:  IMG_0437.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  487.6 KB

next,... the bath area...really a good size for a 22'r..it has a pop up shower sky light so tall people friendly .. the all in one BATH is nice ,... Name:  IMG_0438.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  442.5 KBName:  IMG_0439.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  486.8 KBalso..the shower is 24"X36"

THE COOKING AREA IS SMALL, but has a 3 burner gas cooktop, pop up counter space,big double door fridge, convection microwave... lots of cabinet space..

Name:  IMG_0442.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  479.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0443.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  477.1 KB

one of the cool things about this rv, all LED lighting,..it only comes with one house battery, but has the box for 2 and is prewired for solar.. one of the next mods is to add a second battery... it also came with a 40" tv...what a joke....it is on a fold away tv mount... but .. no where in the coach but at the dinnet on one side can you see it...lol... so this is my mod... I moved the TV to the left side, although I used the same mount...I lowered the mount so it was easy to watch without have to look up, now you can watch it from the corner bed, and those sleeping on the dinette bed can also watch it.. this is probley one of the hardest things to figure out in a class C.. no matter where you put the TV, and choices are limited..you end up with areas that won't be able to see it..for us, we want to be able to watch it from the dinette and the corner bed so this is what I came up with....the over head bed is still useable...

.Name:  IMG_0440.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  452.5 KB

another plus on this coach is the big storage box..unheard of in small rv's..also gas 2 LED lights...

Name:  IMG_0436.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  248.3 KB