Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So who's the jet boat guru here now???

would my sleek benefit from putting a ride plate and rudder...and maybe a droop?

I don't think I've ever seen a jet that didn't benefit from a ride plate.
    Along with that the shoe can be experimented with.
    I would run the straight nozzle and play with the Place Diverter to see how it feels with lift.
    Rudder in my opinion is not needed at all. Helps with low speed tracking, but with tunnels you got that covered.
    Just opinions here, not a guru. Just a guy who drives around in circles.

Here's a Rogers drag boat I recently picked up. A lot going on with the plates on this one.
    Name:  Dragstar.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  195.1 KB
    Last edited by 76Bonneville; 09-26-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a jet that didn't benefit from a ride plate.
    Along with that the shoe can be experimented with.
    I would run the straight nozzle and play with the Place Diverter to see how it feels with lift.
    Rudder in my opinion is not needed at all. Helps with low speed tracking, but with tunnels you got that covered.
    Just opinions here, not a guru. Just a guy who drives around in circles.

Here's a Rogers drag boat I recently picked up. A lot going on with the plates on this one.
    Name:  Dragstar.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  195.1 KB
    WoW... thanks for the detailed post,... just by looking at my boat I was thinking ride plate, I had a couple gull wing boats, both with ride plates, they were amaizing boats, hope the sleek has a similar ride..
    I'm sure the sleek is way heavier, and the tunnel should net a nice ride...I was also thinking tunnel tabs????I took it to get new tires on the trailer yesterday,...and after I got all the interior in...found I have a fuel leak on the port side tank...oh shit....when I got the boat it was only running the starboard side tank... the valve was broke so they ran the one tank only..I don't know if the fuel was spilling from the fill up, or the tank it's self has a leak....but when I got home there was fuel in the port sponson...I cleaned it all out , so if there is fuel in there this morning, the tank is leaking... either way the seats have to come back out....I put 18 gals in that side.....probley a 16 gal tank....anyway, no water test yet...and the wind is howling here in vegas...
    Last edited by 2FORCEFULL; 09-27-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Any pics of the Sleek?

Name:  IMG_0365.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  431.7 KBName:  IMG_0366.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  515.5 KBName:  IMG_0367.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  493.6 KBName:  IMG_0368.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  503.0 KBName:  IMG_0369.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  494.8 KBName:  IMG_0370.JPG
Size:  582.1 KBName:  IMG_0371.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  511.7 KBName:  IMG_0372.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  483.9 KBName:  IMG_0373.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  450.9 KBName:  IMG_0374.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  309.9 KBName:  IMG_0375.JPG
Size:  316.6 KBName:  IMG_0387.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  486.1 KBName:  IMG_0388.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  502.6 KBName:  IMG_0389.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  489.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by 240Hallett View Post
    Any pics of the Sleek?

Sweet looking squirt.

If you ever upgrade those valve covers and feel like they need a new home, hit me up. I have a little M/T fetish.

That's pretty cool Steve.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    i like the colors/interior...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

She's still just setting,.... and waiting,..and I still haven't ran the boat in the water...too many project lately..