Hybrid View

Congrats on the sale Steve.

Those twin step 270's can get a little scary at higher speeds, can't imagine how one would handle with another 400 to 600 hundred pounds thrown in the ass end.

But they do look bad a$$ on the trailer.

Name:  hallett.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  69.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 270 View Post
    Congrats on the sale Steve.

Those twin step 270's can get a little scary at higher speeds, can't imagine how one would handle with another 400 to 600 hundred pounds thrown in the ass end.

But they do look bad a$$ on the trailer.

Size:  69.0 KB[/QUOTE]

..maybe you could tell the story of how you fix'd that hallett,..lol... you might get mobbed though...lol

so I found this out about the hallett, they fill'd the bow with lead shot....what would be the reason, could it be the X was too high and it wouldn't get on plane??? or because of the porpoise?? .with the drives having the limit blocks, you could not trim them down all the way and it struggled to get on plane when I got the boat... that and you had to drive it neg. trim or it would start hopping..just my thinking here..but,.. I would think this would be a better boat as an open bow is it needs more front weight???to me having to put ballest weight it the front of a 27' cruise boat seems weird..but... as much as everyone thinks I fuc'd the boat up by dropping the drives...it worked ,... that hallett now works as is...but all three of the 2ff's will never convince the others...I never though i'd figure out why they put the limit block in the drives as nothing good could come from it... but... I think when they did it , they had to fill the front with lead to get it to get on plane...

does any one else have a hallett with lead shot in the bow???I've never heard or seen this in all the boats we (the 2ff's) owned

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    ..maybe you could tell the story of how you fix'd that hallett,..lol... you might get mobbed though...lol[/QUOTE]

That was a bad a$$ boat, probably my favorite one I've ever owned. The twin step handled very well but just thought I mess with Dave some. He actually took a picture my wife posted years ago that showed the wake of my 270 and did a John Madden like break down of what was going on back there.

Wish I'd of saved the pic because it was pretty funny.

I'm sure Dave's new 270 will be a great boat for him and his family.