Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Congrats on the sale Steve.

Those twin step 270's can get a little scary at higher speeds, can't imagine how one would handle with another 400 to 600 hundred pounds thrown in the ass end.

But they do look bad a$$ on the trailer.

Name:  hallett.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  69.0 KB

So are you unbanned now? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    looks like the 20' aristocrat, is it tunnel or v bottom ? they are nice looking boats.
    it's the tunnel... hope to get it in the water in the next few days..

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    So are you unbanned now? Lmao

lol...IDK...didn't try...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    lol...IDK...didn't try...
    You know. You're a smart cookie and I'm not a fool lol

Doesn't matter. You got what you wanted and he got what he wanted. That's a good thing no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    You know. You're a smart cookie and I'm not a fool lol

Doesn't matter. You got what you wanted and he got what he wanted. That's a good thing no matter what

there is a lot going on with that hallett, one of the things that was what made me do the deal, is the fact that RD knows a lot of people that really know boats drives and such...one being Brian at B&D...I wish he wasn't mad at me cause he would have been very helpful when I was trying to tune the rigging,...pretty hard to explain to people what the boat "WAS" doing before.... when they never drove or rode in the boat...
    .as far as the boat being perfect when I got it , that so unbelievable wrong it just makes me laugh....when I bought the boat, the owner said he got the boat from his Dad and just wasn't the boat for him, he also stated that he never drove the boat past cruise..40-50 mph...

as far as the boat set up right....how is it right when one drive goes down farther then the other???how is it right when the drives are towed out 3/8''????how is it right when you throttle the boat out of the hole it blows the props out?... how is it right when you drive in rough water it lists side to side and tries to throw you out of the boat???

I personally think that a big heavy twins should be very stable...you should not have to hold the wheel to go straight..if you have to have the death grip on the wheel... something is not right..

when I bought the boat...I told the guy... I don't need to water test it as I was able and wanting to mess with it..It was part of the deal that I wasn't "THAT" guy that was gonna be calling and bitching about the boat..what ever it was , is what it is and my boat... we were both happy...

I spent a lot of time mess ing with that hallett,.. and like I said,. with out being there to drive and ride in the boat and being able to see what the changes did, is just talking shit..
    I have helped a lot of people prop there boats right...some don't care how dangerous the boat is... they just wanna pick up 2 mph on the top end..I say if you wanna win every race... race slower boats...lol there is always some one faster..

I had a 29 force..single carb 598 825 hp..I out ran every 105 mph *** out there... got on plane faster, rode better at cruise, and ate up the big mead rough waves .... when I got it from force, Brad drove the boat...the X was way high... struggled to get on plane... and it gps'd at mead 96 mph...the boat would kite in the big waves and you could keep it on pin..

.I put 1'' spacers and added tunnel tabs...after that it would gps at 99.8 at mead elevation ... it would run across the waves and stay flat,... those of you that have never stood a boat straight up at 95 mph.. there is no way to explain the feeling..

after I did the mods...Brad drove the boat.... with a blank look on his face.. he said..get out on the beach...let me drive this muther fuc'r...he did a couple on pin pass's it was cool to be able to see the set the boat was taking....when he came back to the beach to get me,...lol and yes he did come back..he had a grin on his face and said.."I have drove a lot of 29 force boats, and I got to say this,this is not the fastest, but the best driving and handling 29 I have ever drove!!!"

so there was a good evaluation... a before and after...to go on line and not know nothing about the boat, and make comments.....lol... you can add what I think...

for some reason, people are Brand proud... think what ever the boat builders says is gospel , they will run the wrong prop forever..as much as I like halletts, every one I get is fuc'd up if that's the word...

I sold a 270 to this ass hole..more like I gave it to him...the boat was fuc'd up...or just kinda weird..I never really got to drive the boat, maybe twice,, both times it was flat glass out...we got down to havasu and he start complaining..
    .I figured it was his 400 lb fat ass on one side making the boat list...he didn't have it long and sold it to 270. .... 270. calls me and say's WTF is wrong with this Hallett?? what did you do to it???
    I tell him nothing is wrong with the boat that I know of, the guy I bought it from drove it for over 10 yrs and said it was a bad MO-FO.. I told him I did notice that it struggled to get on plane.. and didn't like trim at all..
    So, I don't know how he figured it out but, it was fuc'd up from the build... a 2000 boat, and it took some one that said, there is some thing wrong here...270. found that they put spacers in the drive to keep it from going all the way down..took the spacers out and BAM!!! baddest MO -fo on the water.

.we drove our halletts on pin from katherens landing and the way to the dam..that step bottom boat took a set and hauled ass...all because the new owner said, I don't care what, or who built and rigged this boat...it's not right..I have owned a lot of halletts ,210's..240's..270's and even a few hallett jet boats..all of them had room for improvement...
    Last edited by 2FORCEFULL; 09-23-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 270 View Post
    Congrats on the sale Steve.

Those twin step 270's can get a little scary at higher speeds, can't imagine how one would handle with another 400 to 600 hundred pounds thrown in the ass end.

But they do look bad a$$ on the trailer.

Size:  69.0 KB

Size:  69.0 KB[/QUOTE]

..maybe you could tell the story of how you fix'd that hallett,..lol... you might get mobbed though...lol

so I found this out about the hallett, they fill'd the bow with lead shot....what would be the reason, could it be the X was too high and it wouldn't get on plane??? or because of the porpoise?? .with the drives having the limit blocks, you could not trim them down all the way and it struggled to get on plane when I got the boat... that and you had to drive it neg. trim or it would start hopping..just my thinking here..but,.. I would think this would be a better boat as an open bow is it needs more front weight???to me having to put ballest weight it the front of a 27' cruise boat seems weird..but... as much as everyone thinks I fuc'd the boat up by dropping the drives...it worked ,... that hallett now works as is...but all three of the 2ff's will never convince the others...I never though i'd figure out why they put the limit block in the drives as nothing good could come from it... but... I think when they did it , they had to fill the front with lead to get it to get on plane...

does any one else have a hallett with lead shot in the bow???I've never heard or seen this in all the boats we (the 2ff's) owned

Lead shot in the bow for weight distribution?? That don't sound right at all lol