Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Lead shot in the bow for weight distribution?? That don't sound right at all lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm telling you, when I bought the boat The guy was way cool.. I told him,I'm the buyer for the boat because I think it's fuc'd up...and you will never get a call from me about the way the boat handles....if it doesn't work... i'll pull the motors and make it back to a single engine boat... there's a lot going on with the bottom of that boat also... there's a scalloped pad running down the center..if you take the regular straing bottom with twin....the x is 4'' lower than the two step.... the high X combined with the 2 step bottom is the problem... hallett never made a true step bottom.....the put insert in the straight bottom mold...machining the truly bad ass bailey tooling into a frankenstien...it likes....lol... I love boats, all kinds, and like to think that if there is a way to make it work,... I'll figure it out..."holy moses" and "hallett21" seen it run.....I got it fixed IMO...now I guess it's getting re rigged back to being fuc'd up.....oh well..they'll see then...LOL

It will be interesting to see what Dave changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluhallett270 View Post
    when I talked to him he said he's gonna re rig the whole boat???

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluhallett270 View Post
    he also seems very candid about the whole deal,... not much has been post' he said he has been very busy and hasn't had a chance... pretty sure i'll get flamed and blamed for that boat..
    oh well, such is life... I spent many hours of my life sorting out that boat... you can now ghost ride that boat in the ruff water , it gets right on plane, and the mid range will plant you in the seat..
    I never bought the boat to be fast...and mo opinion is you would go faster in a single engine... it's turning 24p bravos, and I would guess that it will just as easy spin 26p props...it seems to shut down around 5000 rpms, and I thought those where 6000 rpm motors,... maybe some one was in the computer and lowered the rev???I'm gonna say this.... you did not want to go WOT in that boat for long, and maybe on the water test they figured out it would be dangerous and slowed it down...it has the bigger 18'' tabs(I think)... and is real sensitive to tab and drive settings..

what's going on with your old boat ?

?????????????????

don't post much over there, heck I hardly post over here.

update: oops, apparently not allowed to post the link, I think ?
    Last edited by El Toro; 09-25-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Sorry, link removed

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    what's going on with your old boat ?

?????????????????

don't post much over there, heck I hardly post over here.

update: oops, apparently not allowed to post the link, I think ?
    if you're talking about the 270,..sold it and now people are doing a lot of talking..

I posted a link to the new owners restoration page with pics & video. nothing you can't find on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    ..maybe you could tell the story of how you fix'd that hallett,..lol... you might get mobbed though...lol[/QUOTE]

That was a bad a$$ boat, probably my favorite one I've ever owned. The twin step handled very well but just thought I mess with Dave some. He actually took a picture my wife posted years ago that showed the wake of my 270 and did a John Madden like break down of what was going on back there.

Wish I'd of saved the pic because it was pretty funny.

I'm sure Dave's new 270 will be a great boat for him and his family.