Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    That water being sucked out of the bays is just freaky.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Holy shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we just wait until tomorrow morning to talk to some of the neighbors who stayed and see how bad the damage is or more importantly, how high the storm surge got, if it got in the house or not.

Don't know about AJ's place, but we dodged a "HUGE" bullet late yesterday afternoon, Irma shifted inland and reduced in size before it came to the Cape, that greatly reduced the storm surge and saved tons of houses, even though there's still lots of trees tore out and roof damage there's not total devastation like they predicted.

Other than a few trees and minor things our place was saved and didn't get flooded, I hope AJ's place did as well.

We'll be heading down in a few weeks at the end of the month to see for ourselves, the electric is out so our security system and camera's are out, so we can't see inside the house, but we know it didn't get water in it, everything in the frig will be shot, but that's OK and if that and a few trees is all we have to deal with I'll be super happy.

Thanks for all the nice thoughts.
    Last edited by 314joey; 09-11-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Don't know about AJ's place, but we dodged a "HUGE" bullet late yesterday afternoon, Irma shifted inland and reduced in size before it came to the Cape, that greatly reduced the storm surge and saved tons of houses, even though there's still lots of trees tore out and roof damage there's not total devastation like they predicted.

Other than a few trees and minor things our place was saved and didn't get flooded, I hope AJ's place did as well.

We'll be heading down in a few weeks at the end of the month to see for ourselves, the electric is out so our security system and camera's are out, so we can't see inside the house, but we know it didn't get water in it, everything in the frig will be shot, but that's OK and if that and a few trees is all we have to deal with I'll be super happy.

Thanks for all the nice thoughts.
    I'll make the run with you and do the heavy lifting if you like SINCE I'm healed up for one year... Have chainsaw, will travel...

I have a sister in woodstock GA that can put us up overnight IF your not highly allergic to cats/dogs...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I'll make the run with you and do the heavy lifting if you like SINCE I'm healed up for one year... Have chainsaw, will travel...

I have a sister in woodstock GA that can put us up overnight IF your not highly allergic to cats/dogs...
    Just an update couple of buddies went to check my house....I have great news that my Tiki bar 20 x30 at the end of my dock is fine boat on lift fine 25x85 cover over my lift fine
    Pool cage and all screening fine power on few palm frond down but known of my large queen palms fine no broken windows
    Just a very large cypress pine on the empty lot next door was down other then that I'm very lucky

Quote Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
    Just an update couple of buddies went to check my house....I have great news that my Tiki bar 20 x30 at the end of my dock is fine boat on lift fine 25x85 cover over my lift fine
    Pool cage and all screening fine power on few palm frond down but known of my large queen palms fine no broken windows
    Just a very large cypress pine on the empty lot next door was down other then that I'm very lucky

Good news buddy

Finally got electric, so the AC is back on and I can see for myself that the inside of the house is OK, we have wireless thermostat control and camera's in the house, it makes me feel better when I'm 1,400 miles away.