Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 will be known as the year of batteries....

So far this year I've put batteries in everything I own. 2 blue tops in the Jeep, 2 Napa's in the truck, and a new Harley battery in the scooter.

I don't miss the days of having to deal with boats as well. The big boat had a total of 8 8 volt batteries, a couple of 8D's and a 4D. That was never a good time.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Fuck batteries. I swear they're a scam to bleed us all dry.

Seriously no one can figure out how to make a battery that will last more than 2-3yrs?

I call bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post

Seriously no one can figure out how to make a battery that will last more than 2-3yrs?

I was talking with my buddy at the Harley shop and he started his career on the East Coast at a stealer out there. He was blown away when he first came out here as they get 7-8 years out of their batteries and basically never sold anybody batteries as they'd trade their bikes off before it would need a battery. I got 3 years out of the scooter battery, 3 years out of the truck batteries, and the Jeep batteries were, you guessed it, 3 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I was talking with my buddy at the Harley shop and he started his career on the East Coast at a stealer out there. He was blown away when he first came out here as they get 7-8 years out of their batteries and basically never sold anybody batteries as they'd trade their bikes off before it would need a battery. I got 3 years out of the scooter battery, 3 years out of the truck batteries, and the Jeep batteries were, you guessed it, 3 years old.
    Total bullshit. They're designed to fail.

One of my old jobs was in the battery shop for SCE. We had batteries that were 40yrs old way back then.

So 2-3yrs is pure bullshit. Fuckers

Making shit that lasts for 40 years isn't much of a business plan.

Making shit that lasts for 40 years isn't much of a business plan.
    It used to work well lol

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    It used to work well lol

Right? Think about the classic cars of the future. Ugh. Plastic fantastic with a shit ton of wire and computers.

Right? Think about the classic cars of the future. Ugh. Plastic fantastic with a shit ton of wire and computers.
    The pieces of shit today won't be here in 20yrs. Exactly none of them lol

Batteries of the future will be made new for our cars and boats . And be an item is serviceable and not have to be replaced unless damaged.
    I hope.

You'd think with the technology there would be more advancements in the battery market, but no. I blame environmental regs as dealing with lead is an issue. Also, in the old days, the battery pretty much only carried the starting load, then nothing after that. With all the new cars, there is a constant drain, no matter how slight, so the battery spends its life in some state of constant discharge, and with the load shifted to the alternator when running, you don't get that charge back as quickly and certainly not on short trips to the grocery store and the like.