Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oregon???

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    the plan is to go up from vegas and make a loop through Oregon and maybe come down the coast on the 101 to santa maria...but, I don't see a way to get to the coast from grants pass with out going all the way back to California..

From Grants Pass there really is no way other than the 199.. Years ago a guy from SF and his family took a "google route" in the middle of winter, got stuck and froze to death on some logging road " short cut". Wife and kid lived, but sadly he did not.

US 101 is scenic but slow...

People are moving up here because they can sell their 3 bed ranch in SoCal for 800K ( or more!) and pay cash for something up here. Its getting busier and busier by the day though.. Kinda ruins the novelty of living up here ( I'm just north of Portland in Vancouver, Wa) If a person can stand 4 to 6 months of rain from Halloween until Easter, its liveable, and beautiful..

Dave ( boat527 on the OTHER site)
    Last edited by H20GZM; 08-29-2017 at 04:47 PM.

We are in West Glacier now. The smoke is kinda bad. Went on a hike yesterday and it was a little more difficult to breath. We are taking a tour today to the top of Logan's Pass.

My daughter on husband just bought a home outside of Portland. They love it up there!

Quote Originally Posted by tchb View Post
    My daughter on husband just bought a home outside of Portland. They love it up there!
    Sorry. But r u ok with posting ur daughter is on her husband. Lol.
    I know what u meant.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

so now, here's the new plan...leave vegas, go to havasu,stay a couple days,leave sun and go to Yuma and across the 8 to san diego, and then up the coast to cambria, stopping all along the way..chula vista mission bay, Carlsbad,pismo, morro bay, los ossos and such...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    so now, here's the new plan...leave vegas, go to havasu,stay a couple days,leave sun and go to Yuma and across the 8 to san diego, and then up the coast to cambria, stopping all along the way..chula vista mission bay, Carlsbad,pismo, morro bay, los ossos and such...
    Can you take me with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't know when your leaving for your down the coast trip, but Big Sur is closed at 3 locations, with no way around. I just got back from pismo beach & usually drive up the coast that way, bummer

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    don't know when your leaving for your down the coast trip, but Big Sur is closed at 3 locations, with no way around. I just got back from pismo beach & usually drive up the coast that way, bummer
    I won't go that far up north, maybe cambria are if time allows...

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Can you take me with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    last time we went that way we had a little meet up at paradise by the sea rv resort....went to the restaurant that used to be Ziggy's bmw store...