Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon???

Oregon???

I have a brother and sister up there < the souther part, I think by the rouge river , or something like that.... seems there a lot of people still flocking to Oregon...the kida, "I wanna get of the grid" type...is sept. a good time to go?......

We’re not sure what you expect Southern Oregon to be like, but it’s probably not like that.

Take Crater Lake. It’s a volcanic lake, but not a lake of lava as you might be imagining. It’s just regular, clear, beautiful water that happens to fill an enormous alpine crater. It also happens to be the deepest lake in North America, if you’re looking for one of those.
    The century-old floating tree stump we call the Old Man of the Lake might even show up if you’re there at the right time.

But if you’re not into all that, there’s also Southern Oregon’s vineyards, cheese makers, tree-house camping, rafters on the raging Rogue River, caves and world-famous Shakespeare Festival.

If you come to Southern Oregon without an itinerary, you’re in luck. But if you come here hoping to see some lava in one of our volcanoes, you’re probably going to be disappointed.

http://traveloregon.com/cities-regions/southern-oregon/

I read this searching....
    http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/i...uthern-oregon/

In just three short years, my family and I have absolutely fallen in love with Southern Oregon. We have spent our weekends hiking, paddleboarding, swimming in lakes, exploring waterfalls and hot springs, picking peaches, cherries and apples, finding sand dollars by the ocean and seeing amazing theater performances without ever having to leave the region. Our family loves Southern Oregon. Here it’s easy to pack family-friendly fun in eight days.

I think my kin are up around wilmer,... lol you have to go through starvation heights to get there

anyone know this area???looks like if I go up the 5 the only way to get to the coast is to back track to the 199 and back into California??? or is it better to go farther up north and some how get to the 101 and come back down>?? I rather not have to go back and forth on the 101 , but some how make a big loop as to always be seeing some thing new... we're gonna go in the big ass alpine so I don't wanna be going a route with 12% grades and switchbacks

Have been there many times. My mother in-law lives in Eugene. Have camped on the coast about 10 yrs ago.

In July we were in Eugene and Bend. Will be back in Eugene at the beginning of October.

It is a pretty nice area. Eugene is mainly a bunch of hippies and college kids. The coast is nice but gets windy. We liked Bandon on the coast to camp. We have done a lot of hiking around the Eugene area,

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I've not been BUT I know there are a lot of..... up that way....

Pretty much like every other state in the union...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

the plan is to go up from vegas and make a loop through Oregon and maybe come down the coast on the 101 to santa maria...but, I don't see a way to get to the coast from grants pass with out going all the way back to California..

Great time of year. I've been up in Seattle last few weeks for school and it's great up here.

If you are looking to get off-grid and live like a separatist you are really not going to like the fact that the Oregon governor just signed a confiscation order for any and all firearms from anyone "THEY DEEM" unworthy to have them.
    The best things in life aren't things!