Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynandBob View Post
    We liked Forest River. Are last one was a Forest River and a great unit. Only thing I hated was the V10. It was a good motor and had zero problems with it. The problem was it would scream going up hills. 3000 - 4000 rpm yelling at you from under the dog house. I will never again have a gas motor home. If I get another it will be a pusher. In my opinion you are making a mistake getting rid of the Apline, but it is your life.

We did not go with a FR for a 5th wheel because they will not warranty any of their units for full time use. I have any email from them saying they won't. I asked why and was told they aren't designed for full time use. Why not? So if you use a FR product to much then it is going to fall apart???

Steve if you want a smaller MH then I would look at a Tiffen Red. JMO
    tiffen doesn't make a smaller coach than what I have... and IMO not near the quality as the alpine, and no one puts the ISL 400 hp anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynandBob View Post
    We liked Forest River. Are last one was a Forest River and a great unit. Only thing I hated was the V10. It was a good motor and had zero problems with it. The problem was it would scream going up hills. 3000 - 4000 rpm yelling at you from under the dog house. I will never again have a gas motor home. If I get another it will be a pusher. In my opinion you are making a mistake getting rid of the Apline, but it is your life.

We did not go with a FR for a 5th wheel because they will not warranty any of their units for full time use. I have any email from them saying they won't. I asked why and was told they aren't designed for full time use. Why not? So if you use a FR product to much then it is going to fall apart???

Steve if you want a smaller MH then I would look at a Tiffen Red. JMO
    and as far as the alpine is concerned... it's just too big for what I wanna do...too big to launch the boat...tooo spooky out in the sand as it's so heavy..since I got the born free.... it mostly just sits...seems everytime I think I need some thing, it turns out to be wrong for one reason or another,,I put this alpine up for sell last year, buyers cash in hand and sue threw such a fit we just kept it, I don't think we used for a year... I take it out and down to the rv wash..but that was about it..

this is what sue thinks about selling the alpine..

Name:  DSC03755.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  69.2 KB

ok, so happened here... I can only load one pic at a time???

ok, so here was the objective....I want a smaller motorhome...26' wife wants a sofa and a dinette...since I don't have any friends, and don't want to have sleep overs in my motorhome..(wifes a screamer) people tink I'm hurting her...lol... so the smallest I could find with 2 roof ac's was the 29 fr3, it meeeeeasures 30'9'' total length..so alittle less than 4' shorter...but... not knocking the fr3... but the quality of it is no where near the alpine... now add folding up the bed and all that stuff in it makes it a real cramper..so we looked at the 30 ds fr3.. now I'm up to 32'r, it's on a 18k chassis...ccwr of 23k....add my trailer and i'm gonna be over max weight rating.... the alpine is rated at 40k,...when my wife is not happy about something... she never gets over it...I fix it and move on...Name:  DSC03730.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  110.4 KB

I would keep what you have and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by tchb View Post
    I would keep what you have and enjoy it.
    I agree, it's a beautiful rig.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

that alpine is Nice. I was looking at a winniebago Brave (the new ones) thought it looked like entry level class A, it was a 26ft about the size your looking for. would be my first RV but prolly not sophisticated enough for you.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    this is what sue thinks about selling the alpine..

Name:  DSC03755.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  69.2 KB
    Ahhahahahahah just remember, happy wife = happy life....
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams