Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You got anymore pics of 227 boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown227 View Post
    You got anymore pics of 227 boat?
    Tons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Did I mention that the Rayson 21 CRUISER hull is my favorite hull???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Tons
    Do you have a page or website I can look at them at? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Did you know you could have a pretty nice one for a fraction of the cost to build a new one?

I haven't processed all of my pics yet. Hoping to get that done today. If you see something you like let me know, I'll send you the hires file

Did you know you could have a pretty nice one for a fraction of the cost to build a new one?
    No B.S. it has and will remain my favorite hull of all... I cry every time I hear of one selling, I was just talking to Armon at the LB races about the one he sold recently...

I have no doubt that just purely cost alone is WAY WAY north of what your price is... That is without factoring in the cost of fuel/transport/time for testing/tuning....

I could imagine that over the years of building the new GN24, I could buy three new houses here in St Louis MO for what Ted had invested in the initial build and all those hours/years/engines/time/trips...

Any luck with the Rudy Ramos "record jacket" memorabilia... If you know the owner of that place, you may want to have them contact the seller of that piece and see if they are flexible on their price, they have done that for me before with several items that i have purchased from them...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-18-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Andy, I just found this while surfing and trying to find ANYTHING on that piece of Rudy Ramos memorabilia:

Rudy Ramos driving the #6 Phfft went on to win the 1969 Orange Bowl Regatta running a Cammer or Boss 429 provided by Ford This 1968 20' Marathon Rayson Craft "KM 9" was Rudy Ramos' personal race boat for the 69-72 seasons. It was originally named "Better Idea" after the new bottom design. Supposedly, only 11 of these boats were made. Rudy's first race in the boat was the 1969 Orange Bowl 250 Speed Classic in Miami, which Rudy won. The boat was shipped to Miami with no motor. Ford factory race team mechanics met the boat in Miami and installed a Cammer engine, that was under development for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, for the race. After the Race the Ford mechanics removed the motor and took it back to Dearborn.
    Just a couple of tweeks to the story. The engine in the boat at the Orange Bowl was a Boss 429 with stack injection, not a Cammer. It may posibly have been a 494 CanAm engine, and the injection may have been a timed Bosch unit that was popular in CanAm at the time. In 1969 ford was done with the cammer. In fact they were so done with the Fe program by that time that before Rudy returned from Miami, Ford had Homan and Moody delievered 12-14 Medium riser 427s to Rudy's shop as a reward for winning the Orange Bowl. Ford/Holman Moody told him they had no use for the engines any more.

The name "Better Idea" was not due to the boats bottom, it was at Ford's request. That was a sales slogan of Ford's in the 60's. It wasn't the first Ford powered boat with the name. Mike Reagan (Ronnie's boy) used the name on both 18 ft Raysons LPs, and 18 ft Aquacrafts with cammer power[​IMG] earlier.
    [​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/RudyRamosRaysonCraft/
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-18-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Tons

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I haven't processed all of my pics yet. Hoping to get that done today. If you see something you like let me know, I'll send you the hires file

Thanks Vic

Thanks Vic
    No thank you. Hella show that weekend

Thanks guys