Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Did I mention that GN racing is my favorite race class

Back about 2008, 2009 I started saying to GN7 Bob that the GN boats NEVER EVER seem to flip... After hearing me make that statement several times and Bob getting fed up with me saying that about GNs, Bob swiftly CRAMMED this (video below) happening down my throat at his first opportunity...

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-19-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

hey 2MM !,
    As fate would have it, you bring up the subject of Ford's 427 "Cammer" SOHC engine, and , ( I think I told you this in Long Beach ), I am currently working on one of these that is in an AFX Mustang factory drag car. I have started to take photos of the build. The engine has been mocked up for various clearance checking purposes, and is apart currently to alter the valve notches in the Arias slugs. I will be posting photos and info on it as final assembly comes around. Few engine guys ever get their hands on one of these beauties, so I'm really enjoying the work and will share the build. I know you appreciate this engine.....and for those who aren't familiar with Fords much, FEs or SOHCs, hold on to your butts.Name:  1969-Ford-mustang-SOHC-engine-bay.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  106.8 KB ( photo is not of the car I'm building for, but is same overall build )
    Last edited by spike morelli; 08-21-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    hey 2MM !,
    As fate would have it, you bring up the subject of Ford's 427 "Cammer" SOHC engine, and , ( I think I told you this in Long Beach ), I am currently working on one of these that is in an AFX Mustang factory drag car. I have started to take photos of the build. The engine has been mocked up for various clearance checking purposes, and is apart currently to alter the valve notches in the Arias slugs. I will be posting photos and info on it as final assembly comes around. Few engine guys ever get their hands on one of these beauties, so I'm really enjoying the work and will share the build. I know you appreciate this engine.....and for those who aren't familiar with Fords much, FEs or SOHCs, hold on to your butts.Name:  1969-Ford-mustang-SOHC-engine-bay.jpg
Size:  106.8 KB ( photo is not of the car I'm building for, but is same overall build )
    WOW, that's bad ass...

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    hey 2MM !,
    Thanks for keeping me/us up to date sir... I was just thinking about what you were telling me at the Friday Night boat show...

I've seen ONE of these engines in real life... As per my understanding, Ed Pink was the guy that was able to make the cammers a success on the strip as a fuel engine, and primarily only needed the super strength timing chain... Seems that a cross bolted deep skirt standard bore 427 block is a pretty stout piece when set up properly...

THIS is the guy that had one of the over the counter cammers, he also has a stockpile of top end pieces and sources for any 427/FE parts you may need... Good guy for sure: http://www.ford6v.com/ford6vtech/joebunetic.htm
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-22-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Yes, Ed Pink built a LOT of these, refining things more to his requirements as he went. The particular engine that I'm dealing with was originally built by Earl Wade, who has quite a reputation for these engines. Sadly, Earl passed not long ago. They originally were offered with iron heads and block, later, aluminum heads came out of Ford. The Cammer I'm working on is utilizing a Robert Pond aluminum block, factory aluminum heads, and the original magnesium rocker covers. ( Replacements are aluminum, originals are magnesium ). "Sneaky" Pete Robinson, of dragster fame, believed strongly in the SOHC merits and designed a gear drive for the front cam drive that was really the thing, but stopped production with Robinson's passing. There's so much history and interesting stuff attached to the engines, I could go on and on. Virtually every component for one of these winding horsepower creatures is available today in the aftermarket, as well as "Shotgun" Boss 429 stuff, and most of it is even better than the original to race on. Here's Ed Pink with Tom McKewen and Connie Kalitta, using SOHC engines, not to mention Snake.Name:  sohc6-640x480.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  258.1 KBName:  sohc2241-640x480.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  273.2 KBName:  Percussion.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  45.9 KB