Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Did the grabbing get worse with the new spacers? Seems that with twins you wouldn't need to drop the props as low as say a single. What was your X dimension on the single 270s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hallett21 View Post
    Did the grabbing get worse with the new spacers? Seems that with twins you wouldn't need to drop the props as low as say a single. What was your X dimension on the single 270s?

don't know the x dimention.. but the props were about 1.5 above the center v...seemed to have a lot of prop slip and they just seemed too high...I think the answer now is to remove the lower cav plate... or get new lowers.... don't wanna spend 20k to swap out the lowers though..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    don't know the x dimention.. but the props were about 1.5 above the center v...seemed to have a lot of prop slip and they just seemed too high...I think the answer now is to remove the lower cav plate... or get new lowers.... don't wanna spend 20k to swap out the lowers though..
    I will tell you cav plates can drastically change how a boat performs, at least cats. When I swapped to a Imo SCX a few years ago, it made my boat undriveable. The only difference we could find was the cav plate. The SCX plate is much larger than a Bravo plate. They wanted to cut it down and have me try that. I respectfully declined, and was fortunate enough to get a full refund from Imco. Didn't really want to be a guinea pig. And as it turned out, found another guy who had his boat built with one and it did the same exact thing. So, cav plates can make a huge difference one way or the other. Thing is to find out which way to go lol

well... this is the way I went....lol..no turning back now....evolution

Name:  DSC03643.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  88.6 KBName:  DSC03644.jpg
Size:  110.6 KBName:  DSC03645.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  80.6 KBName:  DSC03646.jpg
Size:  48.5 KBName:  DSC03647.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  62.2 KB

I left the cav plate above the prop so the prop will still load...

my thinking is this,,, the back of the drive will above the water current coming off the transom... beings it's twin motor, you really don't want something try'n to dig into the water, that and it's a 2 step v bottom..

any feed back on the mod??

Not much of the cav plate left lol

Have you ran it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Not much of the cav plate left lol

Have you ran it yet?

not yet, maybe mon or tue..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    any feed back on the mod??
    I"m keeping my fingers crossed that it works for you. I still think you could have fixed the issue by losing the 1.5" spacer and taking baby steps to get to the sweet spot. Now you've blown past it and have taken some pretty extreme measures to try and remedy a different problem that was created in the meantime. You'll get it figured out before you sell it though. ;-)
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.