Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Steve maybe I missed it, but why did you add the spacer? We're you having trouble rolling over or was it cavitating? or both?

on hi performance drives, they don't have the plate in front...

Name:  IMCO-SC-Stern-Drive.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  60.3 KB

so, I'm thinking of cutting the front part of the cav plate off...any feed back????

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Steve maybe I missed it, but why did you add the spacer? We're you having trouble rolling over or was it cavitating? or both?
    on take off you had to peddle the boat to get on plne.. it got on easy , but you could feel that the prop was slipping, then at cruse speed the same... when going to WOT...
    now you can hammer it out the hole and mid range it pull hard...

but, I think it is having a neg affect on top end because of those cav plates grabbing.. I'm sure missing my ol friend brian at the real B&D marine cause he really know his shit when it comes to drives..

on my boat, 270 hallett with twins, and a twin step bottom, I don't think I need any transom lift.... ??? replys welcome

1.5 sounds pretty aggressive to me. 1/2" can make a huge difference, both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    1.5 sounds pretty aggressive to me. 1/2" can make a huge difference, both ways.
    puts my prop center 1.2 below bottom of the boat, I wanna be able to pull a skier 30-35mph... and cruise 45-50 mph.. but also wanna be able to run on pin if I want with no dancing around..

so far what I've done I achieved what I wanted... but lost on the top end...I can live with that, but if I can make it all better is the goal..

was hoping to get some replys from those that have tried on done this..

The tabs didn't make up for the chine walking when the drives didn't have the spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hallett21 View Post
    The tabs didn't make up for the chine walking when the drives didn't have the spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it doesn't really chine walk, and I figured it out today.. when you trim up the drives are grabbing water from the front part of the cav, plates,.. that causes that side to grab... it trys to grab one side , then the other... it's a slight weird feeling, but after looking makes sense ...once you trim up farther it kinda goes away...hard to explain... but I think I know how to fix it

Name:  DSC03641.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  119.8 KBName:  DSC03642.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  113.1 KB