Flatty in the HOV lane

I see boats in the HOV lane all the time. First time tho seeing a flat being towed by a Jeep.

Very confusing statement lol

Name:  IMG_7295.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  57.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so its in the high-occupancy vehicle lane, which is the fast lane. is boat towing speed limit 55 mph ? not sure what state the pic was snapped, limit maybe different ? or trailer not allowed ? buses drive in that lane. really like the look of a 1970's flatty with thru transom exhaust, classic.

HOV in Ca is 2 axle max. Towing anything is limited to 55. He was doing close to 80 lol

Two axle. Exactly why I chose the Motorhome i did.

there's no law against it is there? unless towing has to be in the right lane unless passing???

I love seeing this, looks like 91 West near riverside, that carpool lane hauls ass and I am sure that jeep can stop quickly with that boat. not too many flats with breaks and I know my Spectra (disk breaks) stops a hell of a lost faster than my Sanger and the Sanger hull is less than 800lbs. Looks to be a Howard bubble deck if not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    there's no law against it is there? unless towing has to be in the right lane unless passing???
    Totally illegal in Ca lol

Elsewhere, I commented on the California Boater License Law, and how, in recent years, I've seen more idiots with boats than I can ever remember, then......BAM! I check out this thread! If you have been boating for any length of years, or are just a normal, decent, intelligent human being, you'd KNOW this lane IS NOT for pleasure boat towing. In general, vehicles towing trailers are to stay to the right and adhere to the 55 mph law. Driving in the next to right lane , while technically not the proper lane, is tolerated by most policing departments, and, is many times safer, because of traffic getting off and coming on to the freeways. Those of us all know all too well that people hardy look in their rear view mirrors to see that you've got a trailer in tow, so that next lane is a safety thing. That having been said, even if you're in the right lane, once you're out of the city and rolling, that "slow" lane can be travelling way more than 55. The truckers know where "Smokey" is, and I usually cruise with them.

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Elsewhere, I commented on the California Boater License Law, and how, in recent years, I've seen more idiots with boats than I can ever remember, then......BAM! I check out this thread! If you have been boating for any length of years, or are just a normal, decent, intelligent human being, you'd KNOW this lane IS NOT for pleasure boat towing. In general, vehicles towing trailers are to stay to the right and adhere to the 55 mph law. Driving in the next to right lane , while technically not the proper lane, is tolerated by most policing departments, and, is many times safer, because of traffic getting off and coming on to the freeways. Those of us all know all too well that people hardy look in their rear view mirrors to see that you've got a trailer in tow, so that next lane is a safety thing. That having been said, even if you're in the right lane, once you're out of the city and rolling, that "slow" lane can be travelling way more than 55. The truckers know where "Smokey" is, and I usually cruise with them.
    when I tow in cal... right lane except to pass, and never go over 62...guys pass me in the left lane doing 80... I seen on FB where a guy got a 900 dollar ticket for it

in Nevada, you are susposed to stay to the right... but will get run over by the truckers doing 75...same with az... so I just try to run with the flow..most the time 65... I'm too old and have come up on what happens when you are towing 80 and have something go wrong.. most people don't factor in mechanical failure..