Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How full...is too full

Like others, been going to havasu for years...and watched the growth..watched the sleepy little town that lit up on the weekends, turn into a suburb of so--cal...every body I talk to damn nere is moving there..and so is crime, crowded,... the whole I got here first....for the life of me I can't see why anyone would wanna move there family there....nothing for kids to do and see but the bad side....raise your kids in havasu??? what are they gonna do?? the only chance for them is to move out of there..the town is a snow bird sanctuary.....restaurants crowded... no doctors, have to drive to vegas for every thing..seems to me the place to go would be Idaho or montana...Oregon?....and how many more boats can go on that little lake?....more ramps???....property values are going crazy there..will they stop??? or just build a fresh water huntington?

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Whatever you do, don't bring a boat to Missouri's Table Rock Lake or LOTO... or TICKFAW in Louisiana... You are already stretched too thin amigo...

IF you ever got out on our Table Rock Lake you would want a place there too... I got to spend some time near/around the TICKFAW area one month back and it looks killer...

So much water, so little time...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    Like others, been going to havasu for years...and watched the growth..watched the sleepy little town that lit up on the weekends, turn into a suburb of so--cal...every body I talk to damn nere is moving there..and so is crime, crowded,... the whole I got here first....for the life of me I can't see why anyone would wanna move there family there....nothing for kids to do and see but the bad side....raise your kids in havasu??? what are they gonna do?? the only chance for them is to move out of there..the town is a snow bird sanctuary.....restaurants crowded... no doctors, have to drive to vegas for every thing..seems to me the place to go would be Idaho or montana...Oregon?....and how many more boats can go on that little lake?....more ramps???....property values are going crazy there..will they stop??? or just build a fresh water huntington?
    Thats a tough one. Compared to Ca. Property is cheaper. Cost of living is cheaper. And it has a lake. I think raising a family anywhere is difficult and it has more to do with the parents/family as a whole vs. the environment.

Aside from the obvious, better schools, better hospitals, more expensive drugs, more choices for just about everything, raising your family in Ca. can be every bit as difficult as Havasu or any other resort/vacation town.

On a personal level, I would seriously think very hard about raising a family in a vacation/resort city. Too many distractions and too many opportunities to not do what you're supposed to be doing, like going go school, studying, and doing your homework. At times I remember doing homework because I was bored. If you get bored in Havasu you should have your head examined lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Thats a tough one. Compared to Ca. Property is cheaper. Cost of living is cheaper. And it has a lake. I think raising a family anywhere is difficult and it has more to do with the parents/family as a whole vs. the environment.

Aside from the obvious, better schools, better hospitals, more expensive drugs, more choices for just about everything, raising your family in Ca. can be every bit as difficult as Havasu or any other resort/vacation town.

On a personal level, I would seriously think very hard about raising a family in a vacation/resort city. Too many distractions and too many opportunities to not do what you're supposed to be doing, like going go school, studying, and doing your homework. At times I remember doing homework because I was bored. If you get bored in Havasu you should have your head examined lol.
    I wonder if it's gonna drive the so cal crowd back to mead

I wonder if it's gonna drive the so cal crowd back to mead
    Speaking of Mead, how's the water level?

Speaking of Mead, how's the water level?
    I think it's about 400' deep....as I've SAID BEFORE... THEY DROPPED MEAD 150' ON PURPOISE .. they wanted it lower... so they lowered it... lots and lots of nice sandy beaches.. plenty of room to roam around... about 500 miles of shore line

I think it's about 400' deep....as I've SAID BEFORE... THEY DROPPED MEAD 150' ON PURPOISE .. they wanted it lower... so they lowered it... lots and lots of nice sandy beaches.. plenty of room to roam around... about 500 miles of shore line
    150' aint no joke. Why would they do that?

I believe I read something about water politics a few years ago.

Quite a few reasons... major one was the spat between water authority and blm.....they couldn't put in the new straw unless the water dropped 150',...next the sq miles of water surface was causing millions of gallons of water loss to evaporation, also there was not enough current is the shallow areas like overton and vegas wash... so those areas were just causing water pollution to millions of gallons of water...the stagnet water was horrible....now mean is super clean water and my boat doesn't get the bad scum lines like havasu...

Know very well what you're talking about, you should see how crazy Lake of the Ozarks has gotten the last ten years, it's a ZOO now, it used to be a quaint small town, now it has all the big box stores and chains, I liked it better before it got this busy, almost to crowded now.