Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I take every opportunity to share the rich racing history of SoCal with my friends... As I see it ALL drag racing really started there, as did many other forms of racing...

I guess this is what ya call "progress"...

Spike, Bobby, I hope to see you friends very soon in Long Beach.......
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Oh Man......Don't get ME started on California! I was born here, lived my life so far here, in the San Fernando Valley, just North and over the hill from L.A. proper. Throughout the 50's/60's/70's, my God,THIS was the place to be. It was beautiful, so beautiful. Boat racing venues were everywhere....Carlsbad, Ski-land, Long Beach, Castaic, Salton Sea, Lake Ming, Oakland, ETC. Places to race cars were many, San Fernando, Lions, Carlsbad, Pomona, Orange County International raceway, Riverside, Ontario, Irwindale, ETC. Most of the major manufacturers were located here in California, whether you were looking to buy a race car, ski or race boat, engine builders, custom painters, you name it, chances are they were right here within driving distance. And the weather, well most of the country is usually envious of the mild weather here. So what happened?
    I can tell you, as a resident of this once great state....the city Fathers and state Officials have totally sold out the City and State. I have plans to move away. Eventually, if this doesn't turn around, the city of L.A. may become nothing more than a shadow of the many rotting borroughs on the East coast. Someday, it truly will be hard to believe it all started here.....
    Sad but true.

I talked to Jeremy with ADBA he said he is still going to have his division one race that weekend, and capsule boats can test, so we will be there 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said Spike, I'am 58 been here all my life, it;s done here, I have four years to retire, than it is off to page AZ

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Oh Man......Don't get ME started on California! I was born here, lived my life so far here, in the San Fernando Valley, just North and over the hill from L.A. proper. Throughout the 50's/60's/70's, my God,THIS was the place to be. It was beautiful, so beautiful. Boat racing venues were everywhere....Carlsbad, Ski-land, Long Beach, Castaic, Salton Sea, Lake Ming, Oakland, ETC. Places to race cars were many, San Fernando, Lions, Carlsbad, Pomona, Orange County International raceway, Riverside, Ontario, Irwindale, ETC. Most of the major manufacturers were located here in California, whether you were looking to buy a race car, ski or race boat, engine builders, custom painters, you name it, chances are they were right here within driving distance. And the weather, well most of the country is usually envious of the mild weather here. So what happened?
    I can tell you, as a resident of this once great state....the city Fathers and state Officials have totally sold out the City and State. I have plans to move away. Eventually, if this doesn't turn around, the city of L.A. may become nothing more than a shadow of the many rotting borroughs on the East coast. Someday, it truly will be hard to believe it all started here.....
    ,back in the 70's I raced division 7, the trips to so cal were the best ... now I only go there if I have to...I like central cal better