Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lucas Oil Cancels Drag Boat Races

Lucas Oil just announced the cancelation of 3 of the 6 upcoming Pro Series drag boat races, Parker being one of them. Needles to say this has upset much of the race community. Here's the link to the official announcement from Lucas oil http://lucasoildragboats.com/news/28...aces-cancelled

We are pretty bummed right now to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... economic reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    :( I think they all got scared after seeing the GREEN MACHINE run CandACE...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Unfortunate. I'm sure it's a numbers thing. The wind has caused problems since the beginning. I'm sure this has also contributed to the problem.

Also seems like a good opportunity for someone else to step in and takeover. Someone who doesn't have the financial constraints and minimum margins a big company like Lucas does.

Lucas puts on a great event, but I've also seen other promoters put on a good show.

This sort of gets back to the post I made about social media and revenue streams. I'm sure Lucas has many paying advertisers. But you need more than that and the gate to survive.

Bummed as well

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I remember when all of the local associations would come together and put on the regional events, maybe the time is right for each respective org (Kentucky, St Louis, west coast) to get back into the game. The St Louis org may be gone forever in lieu of the Wheatland/Lucas facility.

We do have a NEW venue that would be great for another midwest event (would even work for circle boat races), it's very near the old Creve Couer facility that hosted drag and champ boat races FOREVER...

Wil Chris/Candace/JoMama be coming to the Wheatland event?

Whats the new news regarding IRVINE and V drive events/drag boat races? is that gone indefinately?
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

As I understand it, Irvine is permanently done. However, water had something to do with that I believe. Not sure of the status of the lake since our wet winter. Maybe it's a possibility now?

Irvine Lake in Orange County is not a place that will come to the rescue of boat (drag) racing anytime soon, if ever. The Lake has been completely closed (no public access at all, even for fishing) for nearly two years, and it was not due to lack of water even though the lake was very low. Unfortunately, the lake concessionaire (Serrano Water District) got cross-ways with the Irvine Company, much of it to do with major lawsuits and failure to obtain operational liability insurance because of several fishermen drownings and pending lawsuits. Since then, the Irvine Company has turned Irvine Lake over to the County of Orange. There are rumors that Serrano Water District and the County of Orange have had some communications about opening the lake at a future date. It's very much up-in-the-air as to who will eventually get the concession contract. As for boat racing, this would largely be a decision that the Orange County Supervisors would have to rule on since 30 years ago they voted to permanently end boat racing on Irvine Lake following the death of a spectator at the drag boat races. This was, and has been, a major loss for Southern California boat racing. Irvine Lake in its day was a money machine both for the racers and the lake/race promoters.

With every intention of bad-mouthing California, I find it extremely sad that the birth of drag racing and home of the most closed drag strips, along with so many boat racing venues that have since shut down such, I would say the political climate of California is suited for one thing only, and that is the death of motorsports. One day, one of the rich lawyers that lives near Puddingstone will even sue Pomona to stop them from drag racing there, I'll bet. It's most definitely not headed in the right direction for the survival of motorsports in that state.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Oh Man......Don't get ME started on California! I was born here, lived my life so far here, in the San Fernando Valley, just North and over the hill from L.A. proper. Throughout the 50's/60's/70's, my God,THIS was the place to be. It was beautiful, so beautiful. Boat racing venues were everywhere....Carlsbad, Ski-land, Long Beach, Castaic, Salton Sea, Lake Ming, Oakland, ETC. Places to race cars were many, San Fernando, Lions, Carlsbad, Pomona, Orange County International raceway, Riverside, Ontario, Irwindale, ETC. Most of the major manufacturers were located here in California, whether you were looking to buy a race car, ski or race boat, engine builders, custom painters, you name it, chances are they were right here within driving distance. And the weather, well most of the country is usually envious of the mild weather here. So what happened?
    I can tell you, as a resident of this once great state....the city Fathers and state Officials have totally sold out the City and State. I have plans to move away. Eventually, if this doesn't turn around, the city of L.A. may become nothing more than a shadow of the many rotting borroughs on the East coast. Someday, it truly will be hard to believe it all started here.....
    Last edited by spike morelli; 07-16-2017 at 02:05 PM.