Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: towing woe's

towing woe's

Name:  DSC03601.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  52.0 KB

Soooo, I picked up a Hallett with twins...seems pretty heavy... but didn't weigh it...brought it home from riverside to vegas with my little rv

Name:  DSC03459 (2).JPG
Views: 153
Size:  38.0 KB
    Last edited by 2FORCEFULL; 07-12-2017 at 08:11 AM.

it seemed to do just fine...v-10 power..I took it easy on the grades...55 mph in California... never went over 62...
    so now....I have the rv in the garage at havasu hooked up to the cheetah deck boat...I need to get some thing to tow the hallett with if the rv isn't in vegas..
    I have this little ford...5.4 ...think it would do the job? anyone tow with one of these?

Name:  DSC03618.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  55.8 KB

I also have this suburban 4x4....I did a new 6.0 motor swap, all new brakes/rotors, rebuilt trans, all new just about every thing under the hood,pumps,alt,radiator,condinsor,gm heavy duty fan..everything..runs cool and a lot more power than the 5.3...I'm just wondering if the trans will stand up to the weight of the hallett..100 mile round trip to mead.. up hill both ways,,

..Name:  DSC03374.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  68.4 KBName:  DSC03377.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  56.7 KB

I also have this alpine pusher...400hp 1200 tq 34'r to go to powell...it'll pull two halletts...
    Name:  IMG_2737 (1).jpg
Views: 143
Size:  74.7 KB

The Alpine is bad ass!!

Any of the others will tow the Hallett imo. How they tow it is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    The Alpine is bad ass!!

Any of the others will tow the Hallett imo. How they tow it is the question.
    I just don't wanna be on the side of the road with problems....you outta see in side the alpine did a whole remodel from the floors up, all new flex steel furniture

How much does the Hallett weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynandBob View Post
    How much does the Hallett weigh?
    I'm gonna guess close or over 10k...it holds 1000 lb of fuel...twin smallblocks triple axel trailer....

Then I would not tow it with anything less than a F250. Remember it isn't about pulling as much as it is about stopping.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    wow.... you DO have the toys sir!!!

The 5.4 is a cool engine but still only like 330 cubic inches. The 6.0 is a killer engine for its size/displacement, as we know the LS engine is a stout piece and worthy of much respect... My big concern would be transmission and the gear ratio in your DIFFs...

The history of the lock up converter / propensity for failure are big factors in my book, maybe more than either the 5.4 or 6.0 ford versus chebby...

We need AHOLE HICK to chime in here and give his thoughts on the FAT block chevy suburban he purchased that can tow your Hallett with ease...

Having diesel power is cool but brings a whole new set of items/costs into the equation...

CarolnANDBob makes a great point about stopping power/safety...

P.S. I really like your V10 tow toy!!! I feel that the ford V10s are under estimated/overlooked... NOT perfect but well deserving of respect...

As you and everyone here knows by now, buying used isn't always fun/great BUT with a thorough background check and THOROUGH inspection eliminates a lot of headache...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams