Stripped threads on fuel inlet repair?

I recently had both of my Holley 4150's rebuilt, and as I was putting the fuel lines (they are ARP fittings with braided stainless lines) back in, I accidentally stripped one of the fuel inlets. The damn thing only goes in about 3 threads!!! All 4 of them are the same way, but I didn't strip the other 3.

Besides purchasing a new float bowl, is there is somewhat simple fix to get that fitting in there tight, so I dont have to worry about it coming out and spewing gas everywhere? I know that Teflon tape/paste isn't the answer. A heli coil would probably work, but that's more than I want to do. Will a thread locker work? What about a longer ARP fitting? If so, how do I know what size the fitting itself is? Thanks for any help!!!!

Can you post a couple pics? What size is it 3/8"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. Here are a couple of photos. In the one of the fuel inlet, where you can see the threads stripped is how far the fittings goes in when all the way seated. And the other is the length of the fitting itself. Name:  IMG_20170605_221956977.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  81.5 KBName:  IMG_20170605_221731642_HDR.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  51.1 KB

Here is another photo of it. Thanks! Name:  IMG_20170605_230630481.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  87.5 KB
    Last edited by BountyHunter5150; 06-05-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Tough one. I think Loctite blue (243) is fuel proof once cured. Might try that and if it doesn't work then helicoil it.

Looks like there are 3 gaskets/washers on the fitting.
    Get down to the single thin one and maybe you could reach good/fresh threads.
    If you can get the fitting to thread in deeper and use the mentioned thread locker maybe be good...
    If removing the extra gaskets doesn't get in there deep enough you might be able to seek out another fitting that does make it in deeper
    RSCHAP1

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Tough one. I think Loctite blue (243) is fuel proof once cured. Might try that and if it doesn't work then helicoil it.

I may try to find a longer AN fitting. Can you, or anyone else tell what size it is by the measurements that I have provided? Thanks!

6AN is my guess but it's hard to tell using a tape

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    6AN is my guess but it's hard to tell using a tape

Here's what I have found out talking to a reputable mechanic that I trust: the best thing to do is order a new fuel bowl, which is about $30. He said that the threads would have "grab" enough in order for the loctite to have a chance of working, and although finding a longer AN fitting is a possibility, which I will find out tomorrow when I call Summit Racing, it's probably better to be safe than sorry when dealing with fuel and a hot motor, especially when a boat bounces so much more than a car. $30 isn't that much, but it still kind of pisses me off that the banjo bolt fitting isn't longer to begin with. Like I said previously, it isn't even using half of the threads in the fuel inlet, which is stupid and seems like a poor design.