Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

2017 USA Adventure

Yesterday we left San Diego on our full timing RV road trip. It has been a rough start, but we are excited. Not going to let a rough start get us down.

It started a couple of days ago with me coming down with a pretty bad chest cold. I rarely get sick and this was not a good time to get sick. Anyway, then next day my wife came down with it too. Ugh. no time to rest as we have renters moving in on Saturday, so we suck it up and get it done.

Although we left later than planned yesterday we still would make are destination in Tuscon before dark.

Well, that didn't happen. We stopped for lunch and to make a long story short. One of my dogs got into a fight with another dog. As I was breaking them up I got bitten twice. 1 on my left ring finger and one on my left pinky. Get in motor home to clean them. Right hand should probably get a few stitches and the right may need them. We butterfly stitch both. Verify all rabies vaccinations are up to date. Decide to move on down the road.

As we were driving I was just getting really tired and stopped just east of Yuma. We found some BLM land and stopped for the night. Had some good food, walked the dogs, had a few beers and went to bed.

Up a little early this morning but feel better and looking forward to getting to Tucson and see are friend for dinner.

After Tuscon on Monday we head to City of Rock, NM for a couple of days.

Now Thad a rough vacay start, ouch. How did you verify the other dog had its shots??

Hope the rest of your trip goes a little smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a great start but have an awesome time. Can't wait to get my next road trip started. I enjoy sleeping in rest stops with nowhere to go. Let's me enjoy the road.

I need a road trip too. Soon. Somewhere. Anywhere.

I thought you and the wife were only going on your trip. I didn't think you were taking kids(dogs) with you as well. lol
    Got any pics yet. At least your rig all loaded up and ready to travel?

I will take pics later this morning. Seams my cold is coming back and wife has lost her voice

Yes we have our 3 dogs with us. 1- puggle, 1- pug / jack russell terrier, 1- boxer/grey hound. The other dog was a full timing dog too and a lot of camp grounds require proof of vaccination,so they had it with them as we have proof of all of ours.

We will head to City of Rock NM today. Tuscon was more of a rest stop and to see a friend. We are really looking forward to city of rock. May not do as much hiking as planned. We need to rest and get over the colds before we do any real hiking.

We were bummed about getting sick but that is life. This part of the trip, unfortunately we are on more of a schedule than we would like as we need to be at some other friends house just outside Fort Worth on a specific day. After that we can be more flexible and just stay until an illness passes. Until then, it will Day Quil and NyQuil. Oh and Jack Daniels Honey in tea.

It has been a couple of day since I posted. Sometimes internet isn't so good. We are using our verizon data for internet. Depends on the signal.

today we are at Riverbend Hot Springs in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. They have these hot springs right on the Rio Grande river. Will get pics of the springs later today.

The last couple of days we were at City of Rock, NM. Really liked it there. Nice well maintained State park.

I will add pics in a minute. Have to resize files.

Name:  IMG_0656.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  149.4 KBName:  IMG_0666.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  33.2 KBName:  IMG_2281.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  82.0 KB
    Last edited by CarolynandBob; 01-12-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

TY for sharing here, this will be interesting...

Sorry to hear about the dog incident, i thought that i was the only one that dogs loved to chew on...

ALso, Im starting with that wicked chest cold that is going around, hope you and your wife recovere quickly!

Please keep the photos coming, us folk in the frozen tundra are living vicariously through you...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I am finally over the cold. Wife is still not completely over it.

It is chilly here. Frost on the window of the jeep this morning. After here we go to Carlsbad Caverns and then start heading south for warmer weather. Supposed to be a pretty good storm coming in here Saturday. We are supposed to travel to the Caverns Saturday. We may leave here a day earlier or stay an extra day. No reason to travel is shitty weather.

I forgot to add a picture of our set up, so here it is.

Name:  IMG_0670.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  80.2 KB

Pics of the gulf , hope u get good weather