Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    <<<< Green with envy....
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Wow it has been a long time since i posted. We went to Sarasota and stayed for a month at a rv resort that is kind of like a cruise ship. There are activities galore. Every type of sport. I played pickle ball and vollyball every day. They had poker every day. Bingo just about every day. Just a ton of stuff to do. We were so busy having fun that I barely had time to read. i read on average of a book a week. I haven't finished a book in over a month. The place is called Sun-n-Fun. We already booked a month for next year.

While we were in Sarasota we decided that our Class C just wasn't going to work for us. They layout and storage space just did not work for us as full timers. It was a great unit for weekends and an occasional week or 2 trip.

So of we went RV shopping. Now before we left San Diego we thought about getting a large class A, but decided to give the class C a shot. The worst we figured is that we would find out what we wanted in a class A. Well we looked at 5th wheels and just could not believe the difference in floor plans. We really liked having my wife being able to move around a Class A while I was driving, but the 5th wheel won out in the end. We wanted a better floor plan because we would be sitting in it more than driving.

So we found the model and floor plan we wanted. We really liked the Vilano with the front living. One BIG selling point was the almost no carpet. The only place it has carpet is under the dinette. We ended up making a deal with La Mesa RV out of Fort Myers. The problem is we were going to my brothers house in Naples and the 5th wheel is too long to fit in his driveway. So we delayed getting it for a week. Here is a link to the one we chose. https://vanleighrv.com/products/the-vilano/375-fl/

So then we needed to find a truck. Had to be a dually as the 5th wheel is 16000 lb with a pin weight of about 3300. We decided on a 2017 F350 4x4 dually long bed Lariat . It is expensive but a very nice truck. We pulled the 5th wheel yesterday and it did great.

So, while at my brothers I sold the class C. Thought I was going to trade it in, but threw up some adds just in case and got a guy out of Tampa that bought it. I wanted him to take it from us just after we moved all of out stuff into the new 5th wheel. Well he was going out of town and had to get it on Tuesday. We couldn't get the 5th wheel until Thursday because we decided to have them put a generator in. We ended up getting a uhaul van and moved everything in Tuesday morning. turned over the class c to him and went to a hotel for Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Picked up the new 5th wheel yesterday and moved our stuff in. It is all still in boxes but we are back sun-n-fun for about 4 days to get use to the new unit. Then we start making our way to Atlanta.

In Atlanta we are meet my mother in-law. She is flying in from Eugene, Oregon. We are staying at my wife's cousin just north of Atlanta for a couple of days.

My wife's parent use to take my wife camping all the time when she was a kid. We bought our first 5th wheel from them when they got to old to drive it. Anyway, my wife asked her mom if there was anywhere she had wanted to see, but never got the chance. She said Savanna, Georgia and Charleston, SC.

When we leave my wife's cousins we are taking her to Savanna and then Charleston. After that we will head back to her cousins so my mother in-law can fly back to Oregon.

That is about it. I didn't proof read this, so if there are errors oh well.

Pic of the new set up.

Name:  IMG_0928.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  147.0 KB
    Last edited by CarolynandBob; 03-24-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Thats pretty cool. Totally change your setup whilst on vacation. Doesn't get any better than that. Hella nice trailer there for sure.

2017 USA Adventure

Yup your setup keeps on getting bigger,and better. And when your driving keep your honey safe, keep her beside you and don't let her wander around while your driving. Upgrading to a bigger rig is one way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cdnoutlaw; 03-26-2017 at 04:10 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Thats pretty cool. Totally change your setup whilst on vacation. Doesn't get any better than that. Hella nice trailer there for sure.
    Amen... wow.......
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Great thread, hope you continue it. I'm retired & thought about the RV life style, but I have 2 grandchildren that I watch 3 days a week. I have two 80 pound dogs that travel well, but don't stay well (guard dogs) & my GF will not board them. things change, hope I'm still young (or healthy) enough to hit the open road while I still can.
    Last edited by El Toro; 07-30-2017 at 08:53 AM.

I will update when we get a better internet connection.

We are in Sun Valley Idaho now but leaving for Jackson Hole, Wy. today. Should have a better signal there.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynandBob View Post
    I will update when we get a better internet connection.

We are in Sun Valley Idaho now but leaving for Jackson Hole, Wy. today. Should have a better signal there.
    enjoy...sounds like a ton of fun...