Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Happy Start of a New Year - 2017

Hard to believe it's the beginning of another year, but I suppose as long as you're this side of dirt, they just keep on coming

Not the case for many celebrities last year, seemed unusually high to have lost so many in one year. RIP

For those of us still kicking, or at least for me, it really makes you appreciate the simpler things in life like waking up in the morning in a nice cozy bed. Or having the pleasure of sweeping up all the needles from the tree after you drag it's dead carcass from the living room lol. I didn't even mind the alarm clock going off at 4am.

It really is all about prospective and how you measure and learn from your accomplishments and failures. I've had more than my fair share of failures over the past few years. And 2016 was definitely no exception. But after getting a little stuck on those failures, I realized that I've also had many successes. I also realized that I still have some great friends in my life and I've become much much closer to many of those friends and relatives. I hold no animosity towards those friends and relatives that I've become distant with. They have taught me some invaluable life lessons, and I am grateful for those lessons.

2016 was a year of learning for me. A year of setbacks. A year of disappointments. A year that I thought would never end. But it did. And I'm still here. And I'm not going to let 2017 kick me in the teeth. I refuse to let that happen. And I'm either too stupid or too stubborn to give up.

So its time to dig in and get shit done. Time to move onward and upward. And time to let the past that needs to die, die.

I've made no New Year resolutions. I refuse to do that. I have set up some small goals, and hopefully I can nail each and every one of them. Simple goals. Relationship and friendship goals, not how many toys I have in my sandbox goals. I'm over that. Anyone can pack shit in to their garage. Anyone can play the one-up game. I'm not interested in that anymore. It doesn't have the same lure that it had in the past. I used to think the toys and junk in the garage made me happy, honestly it was a distraction. After the shininess wore off I was always looking for the next new shiny thing. But always found myself back in the same old spot.

I'm looking forward to 2017. Looking forward to maintaining the relationships I have and developing some that have been on the shelf. I'm looking forward to attending many more boating events than I've attended in the past. Not only because I love the smell of nitro, but I thoroughly enjoy meeting up with good friends and having a beer and bullshitting about absolutely nothing. I'm looking forward to spending more time with my family and especially my brother. I'm looking forward to a radical decline in drama in my life and an huge increase in peace and harmony. Oh don't get me wrong, I still enjoy learning from other people's drama , I just don't want to be a participant lol.

I look forward to this place being around for at least another year. And I'm appreciative for those of you who still come here and participate when you do. Hopefully we can hang out at a race, show or at the river sometime.

I hope you all have a great start to what will hopefully will be a great year in your life.

Happy New Year to you all!

Vic

Well said VIC Happy New Year👍👍

Yes Vic
    Well said and happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy New Year
    RSCHAP1

Here Here!

This year has started off a little rough with me with that ridiculous 3rd down throw by McSorely but it can only get better from here.....

......well it's been twenty minutes since I started this post and I'm not sure it will be getting better......

Amazing how different things will look with that new perspective Vic.
    I too grew out of trying to one up or stay up with the Jones'....it became very apparent after getting out of the luxury car biz that shit like that don't matter. Having more zip ties doesn't matter, having "the best" doesn't matter but having a less stressful living does. Caring about others' feelings matter, not belittling others matters, not always correcting others matters. Live by the words, treat others the way you wish them to treat you.....
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Hard to believe it's the beginning of another year, but I suppose as long as you're this side of dirt, they just keep on coming

Not the case for many celebrities last year, seemed unusually high to have lost so many in one year. RIP

For those of us still kicking, or at least for me, it really makes you appreciate the simpler things in life like waking up in the morning in a nice cozy bed. Or having the pleasure of sweeping up all the needles from the tree after you drag it's dead carcass from the living room lol. I didn't even mind the alarm clock going off at 4am.

It really is all about prospective and how you measure and learn from your accomplishments and failures. I've had more than my fair share of failures over the past few years. And 2016 was definitely no exception. But after getting a little stuck on those failures, I realized that I've also had many successes. I also realized that I still have some great friends in my life and I've become much much closer to many of those friends and relatives. I hold no animosity towards those friends and relatives that I've become distant with. They have taught me some invaluable life lessons, and I am grateful for those lessons.

2016 was a year of learning for me. A year of setbacks. A year of disappointments. A year that I thought would never end. But it did. And I'm still here. And I'm not going to let 2017 kick me in the teeth. I refuse to let that happen. And I'm either too stupid or too stubborn to give up.

So its time to dig in and get shit done. Time to move onward and upward. And time to let the past that needs to die, die.

I've made no New Year resolutions. I refuse to do that. I have set up some small goals, and hopefully I can nail each and every one of them. Simple goals. Relationship and friendship goals, not how many toys I have in my sandbox goals. I'm over that. Anyone can pack shit in to their garage. Anyone can play the one-up game. I'm not interested in that anymore. It doesn't have the same lure that it had in the past. I used to think the toys and junk in the garage made me happy, honestly it was a distraction. After the shininess wore off I was always looking for the next new shiny thing. But always found myself back in the same old spot.

I'm looking forward to 2017. Looking forward to maintaining the relationships I have and developing some that have been on the shelf. I'm looking forward to attending many more boating events than I've attended in the past. Not only because I love the smell of nitro, but I thoroughly enjoy meeting up with good friends and having a beer and bullshitting about absolutely nothing. I'm looking forward to spending more time with my family and especially my brother. I'm looking forward to a radical decline in drama in my life and an huge increase in peace and harmony. Oh don't get me wrong, I still enjoy learning from other people's drama , I just don't want to be a participant lol.

I look forward to this place being around for at least another year. And I'm appreciative for those of you who still come here and participate when you do. Hopefully we can hang out at a race, show or at the river sometime.

I hope you all have a great start to what will hopefully will be a great year in your life.

Happy New Year to you all!

Vic

Cheers to that my friend! Good things and good time to come this 2017 year!

Happy New Year! ...looking forward to a great year! 2016 was pretty uneventful for me so my plan is to get the hell out more in 2017!!

Should we check back on the stupid or stubborn option?
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    Should we check back on the stupid or stubborn option?
    Regularly