Thread: 75th anniversay

75th anniversay

It's the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, if you have a few minutes today, please give a thought or prayer for all our wonderful veterans and current men and women who serve and protect our great country, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been to the monument in Pear Harbor and it is def a surreal place.

Definitely a day in history that will never be forgotten. Just can't imagine the hell those people faced. RIP and thank you to those who keep us safe.

We went to the memorial about 20 years ago, I think everyone should go at least once, it's amazing.

Plan to visit the memorial in the near future ...... RIP

Don't forget to visit Ford Island...That's the airfield that was strafed and bombed, that you see so many photos of in the 1941 Newsreels. Many of the buildings there still have the bullet holes from Imperial Japanese Navy fighters incurred in the strafing. I believe one of the IJN "mini-subs" is on display in an outdoors setting, as well as an American WWII submarine, that you can walk through and take a self-guided tour. All in all, Hawaii is such a wonderfully beautiful place, it takes you to ponder the horror of that day on December 7th, juxtaposed with surrounding beauty.