Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning

Good Morning

Good Morning HotBoat

It is funny when you retire you do not need as much sleep. When working I had to get 8 hours to feel good. Now I get about 6 and feel good. So busy too. Not sure where I found time to work.

36 days until we go on the road for at least a year.

I need a solid 6hrs if I plan on going to the gym in the morning before work. I can function on 4hrs but I hit a wall and will go to sleep early the following night.

I want to retire. Anyone have any get rich quick schemes that'll let me retire in a few years? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky devil. I just woke up. Rarely do I sleep this late, but I gotta tell ya, it was a great sleep

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cab_01 View Post
    Good Morning HotBoat

It is funny when you retire you do not need as much sleep. When working I had to get 8 hours to feel good. Now I get about 6 and feel good. So busy too. Not sure where I found time to work.

36 days until we go on the road for at least a year.
    well deserved/earned freedom!!! YOU are one of the entitled... one year on the road sounds FABU... Please let us know your trajectory for the St Louis area... I-70 , I-44
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    well deserved/earned freedom!!! YOU are one of the entitled... one year on the road sounds FABU... Please let us know your trajectory for the St Louis area... I-70 , I-44
    Thanks. We don't "plan" on hitting the middle of the USA the first year. We are going to do a big loop around the edges. In January it will be south toward Florida then up to Connecticut (we have friends there to see). After that we plan to head west. Going through Cleveland. Wife grew up there so she will see a lot of friends still there. Then we will head west and north to Mount Rushmore. West to the Saw tooth Mountains to my favorite lake. Redfish lake in Stanley Idaho. Then to Sun Valley Idaho to see my brother in law. Over to Eugene Oregon to see MIL. Camp along the coast back down through California. See friends here in San Diego about November/December next year.

Then we have a some decisions to make. Do we like being on the road? If answer is yes then we keep going. Then is our motor home making us happy? If no then we will go get a pusher with what ever amenities we learned over the previous year we would like. Are we happy with the renters of our house? What is the market like? Then decide do we keep or sell our house here.

That is the plan in a nutshell. The plan is to only drive a max of 6 hrs in a day and at least 2 days between driving. It will more likely be 3-4 days between driving. We just bought a Wrangler to tow and will have fun exploring.

That sounds amazing! I hope we can do this someday.

That sounds good to me as well, we were thinking of doing a similar trip , but we are 5 yrs away from that .to go for 6 months though!
    Our only concern was renovating our retirement home (currently being rented)before or after we start to travel.
    I said to the wife to travel first and the renters can pay for our way and when we get back to kick them out and start the renovations after instead of before

Quote Originally Posted by cdnoutlaw View Post
    That sounds good to me as well, we were thinking of doing a similar trip , but we are 5 yrs away from that .to go for 6 months though!
    Our only concern was renovating our retirement home (currently being rented)before or after we start to travel.
    I said to the wife to travel first and the renters can pay for our way and when we get back to kick them out and start the renovations after instead of before

Yes travel first. You never know when something can happen to change your life. Do it as soon as you can. We really weren't planning on do it this early. (I am 50) When we met with our accountant and he told us we wouldn't live long enough to to spend all of our money. (this is based on us living like we do now and not going crazy buying stuff) Then we said let's do it now.

What I did not expect is that it is so much cheaper living full time in the RV. I have put it all in a spreadsheet and believe I added enough contingencies to cover anything that could happen. It came up to about 60% of our current cost of living per month, so we will be saving 30-40% each month. This will just add to the nest egg. I couldn't believe it so I keep rerunning the numbers. Added even more oh shit money and we still will be less.

Hope I am right.

Well ....

Name:  IMG_3561.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  48.6 KB

Retiring at 50????
    Sounds like you did it right!