Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CA bag ban....

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    I don't like the hypocrisy. Either ban all the fucking plastic or don't ban any of it. Its such bullshit.

Vidal junction is a prime example of hypocrisy. The place is open to kill your quagga 9am-5pm. After that you can transport all the fucking quagga you want.

Sweet job though, greeting all those people passing the check point. Except I'm sure they'll get carpal tunnel from constantly waiting at people and land an even sweeter workers comp gig LOL
    One more edit Vic.......waiting vs waving
    I suppose all the bag banners didn't read the entire details of the Proposition
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-29-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Looks like we are rubbing off little by little on you guys is TX as well as AZ lol
    Us conservatives in CA are going to have no place to go soon enough lol
    It's the same thing as with all the various immigrants.

They come to Texas because it's better to them than Cali in some form or another, but then they want to change Texas to make it just as crappy as Cali. I hate hearing from transplants about how nice the weather is out there, or how the scenery is better, or blah blah blah. Go back home if it was so much better, Texas doesn't need you.

We've got the bag crap going on in Dallas, it isn't changing anything, just lining someone else's pockets for a while, until it's time for the next fad.

Now those of you who 'get it' are more than welcome, one of my best friends is a transplant from Lake Elsinore, salt of the earth guy, we need more like him out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
    It's the same thing as with all the various immigrants.

They come to Texas because it's better to them than Cali in some form or another, but then they want to change Texas to make it just as crappy as Cali. I hate hearing from transplants about how nice the weather is out there, or how the scenery is better, or blah blah blah. Go back home if it was so much better, Texas doesn't need you.

We've got the bag crap going on in Dallas, it isn't changing anything, just lining someone else's pockets for a while, until it's time for the next fad.

Now those of you who 'get it' are more than welcome, one of my best friends is a transplant from Lake Elsinore, salt of the earth guy, we need more like him out here.
    I would move out there in a heart beat. I am one of the ones that "get it"
    Just need to find a job that will pay me around 125-150k a year....lol

I had a buddy move to Houston from LB area and loves it....

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    One more edit Vic.......waiting vs waving
    I suppose all the bag banners didn't read the entire details of the Proposition
    Ah shit. One of those days errrr weeks lol

Seems we used to have paper bags in the grocery stores. When I was in school, that's what we made our book covers from..I still remember how. I don't remember when it happened, but some group of people decided that the Rain Forests were disappearing because of grocery store paper bags, so they started to charge us 10 cents each for the bags ( I'll bet not one cent actually went to re-cultivate any forest ). Then comes flimsy plastic bags...only to have ANOTHER group of people come along blaming plastics for pollution and choking sea creatures! There is no pleasing special interest groups. If you let them, they will convince you that mother's milk leads to cancer. It's insane. My answer to all the special interest groups....go away and piss off!!!!Name:  ...or else....jpg
Views: 59
Size:  109.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Seems we used to have paper bags in the grocery stores. When I was in school, that's what we made our book covers from..I still remember how. I don't remember when it happened, but some group of people decided that the Rain Forests were disappearing because of grocery store paper bags, so they started to charge us 10 cents each for the bags ( I'll bet not one cent actually went to re-cultivate any forest ). Then comes flimsy plastic bags...only to have ANOTHER group of people come along blaming plastics for pollution and choking sea creatures! There is no pleasing special interest groups. If you let them, they will convince you that mother's milk leads to cancer. It's insane. My answer to all the special interest groups....go away and piss off!!!!Name:  ...or else....jpg
    I agree with they need to go away and pissed off. However the plastic bag as nice and convenient as they are well suck one up in your sea strainer or have one wrap around the intake on yoy lower unit. As well the effect they do have on the environment. Trust me I am no tree hugger.
    I say bring back paper bags. Done!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Fishing, Hunting & Outdoors its part of life!
    OffishialBusiness.com

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    I don't like the hypocrisy. Either ban all the fucking plastic or don't ban any of it. Its such bullshit.

Vidal junction is a prime example of hypocrisy. The place is open to kill your quagga 9am-5pm. After that you can transport all the fucking quagga you want.

Sweet job though, greeting all those people passing the check point. Except I'm sure they'll get carpal tunnel from constantly waiting at people and land an even sweeter workers comp gig LOL

Im having a similar debate with my retired UNION SCHOOL TEACHER uncle... I think he went to college in CHITcago with Bill Ayers...

I caught him out mulching his leafs in his yard with a push mower, while he preaches relentlessly at us about MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING... I told him to use a rake, and exercise his shoulders... AND reduce his carbon footprint so doing...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    My kids have/had me cover their text books with brown paper (shopping bags), so they can doodle on them, rather than use "store bought book covers"

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I miss those brown paper bags too. Now I have to bring my own when I want to drink a 40 on the road LOL

You can't get a free "sleeve" at the Terrible stores??? WTH???