1972 Hallett daycruiser build

Got a tip Thursday night that our old family boat I spent my weekends on as a kid was sitting on a farm in northern Arizona and it needed a new home. The owner had purchased it from my Dad in the early 90s and other than a start at some upholstery, not done anything to it since. He said the tires were either flat or missing, so I grabbed the old ones off my race boat trailer I had luckily stored and headed out before dawn.

This is one of the last photos I had of the boat from around 1984.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  73.7 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  49.7 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  54.5 KB. It is rough to say the least, but fortunately it was covered.. Gel coat is blistered in a number of areas but otherwise the hull seems structurally in really good condition! The is a HEAVY hull (about 6,000 pounds on the trailer fully loaded) so I think that helped. Back in the 70s and early 80s Dad worked for Utility Trailer, so the floorboards were redone out of the same white fiberglassed sandwich panels they used on their big rig box trailers....those are still good as new!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Views: 110
Size:  38.8 KB. Loaded up and headed home! I'll keep updating post for anyone interested...going to be a long winter, but have plans for a total restore... Dad passed away about 8 years ago, so this is in many ways a tribute to him and a way to stay close. I have some great memories on this boat from Havasu/Parker to Shasta and even Long Beach as a kid... Looking forward to starting some new ones!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  55.1 KB

that is very cool, the picture is awesome and a wonderful tribute to your Dad. My family still has the same boat we all grew up with and will pass it down thru the generations when that time comes. The river has kept my family close and this will be fun to watch your progress here. Good luck.

Thanks!!

Views: 103
Size:  28.8 KBI attached a pic from 1978 at Havasu Springs Resort on the upper level motel parking lot (single story rooms)... I contacted Hallett and they said they only made about 400 of these hulls. If anyone knows of another I'd LOVE to talk with them!

Awesome find, keep the build pics coming I would like to see that thing come together, I wish I could find my dads old Howard flat