Parts from Don Blair's estate

Posting as an old friend of Don Blair. It's been almost one year since he passed away, and his building recently sold, so they are clearing out tons of stuff. Besides all of the various engine block cores, there are a few items that may be of interest to boat guys. A few of the smaller parts are here, the rest at the building in Covina, CA.

*** edit,, the shop is almost empty, I saved some of the "good" parts from the scrap bin, but sure was hard watching engines and even freshly machined blocks going into the trailer to go to the metal scrap yard.

PM me for more information on any of the following:

Dooley Gen 5/6 10 qt marine pan $225
    GM Gen 6 4 bolt std bore 454 blocks $400 (2 available)
    Rex Marine cast aluminum BBC valve covers with Moon breathers $175
    Harland Sharp BBC roller rockers $130
    Mickey Thompson valve covers with moon breathers (dirty, missing one breather cap) $75
    Old marine pan, apparently made by Gale Banks, complete with turbo oil drain bungs (plugged for use with non turbo engine) $150

Last edited by obnoxious001; 10-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.

I saw the bead blaster and wheel abrader trailered off to the scrap yard today, kind of sad to see that happen. Someone else came in and bought all of the engine blocks, with the exception of the two Gen 6 454 blocks listed above

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    I saw the bead blaster and wheel abrader trailered off to the scrap yard today,
    Damn that sucks, would have loved to get that bead blaster if I wasn't so far away..:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastRacer View Post
    Damn that sucks, would have loved to get that bead blaster if I wasn't so far away..:mad:
    I have seen a bunch of stuff go to scrap that I would have liked to have had if I had room. Someone snatched up a Sheldon lathe for $400 before I knew what was going on with it.

I have seen a bunch of stuff go to scrap that I would have liked to have had if I had room. Someone snatched up a Sheldon lathe for $400 before I knew what was going on with it.
    Wow, somebody scored there..

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastRacer View Post
    Wow, somebody scored there..
    Yeah,, I took some photos to send to someone, but the deal had already been made. I passed on a bunch of stuff I would have grabbed if I had space to store,, did get a pretty good engine stand today.

Yeah,, I took some photos to send to someone, but the deal had already been made. I passed on a bunch of stuff I would have grabbed if I had space to store,, did get a pretty good engine stand today.
    Yeah, seems like no matter how big a place you have sooner or later space becomes a factor, LOL..