Hi Guys,

Thank you so far for the tips. The current setup for the fuel pump wiring is a dedicated circuit with relay. All the fuel lines are -8 braided hose as well. I have read on how the Holley electrics have failed and also read up on differences and advantages to redoing the plumbing to a return style system as mentioned as well. While changing those items or changing to the Carter pump which might be the easiest given the current situation, I am still wondering why after the first 10 years of trouble free use that now this problem has developed.

Is the consensus the dead head plumbing is really the root cause? My concern is if it was/is, why didn't this problem develop when the boat was first done and used that first year? I probably still should pull the fuel lines out of the tank to see if they have turned to mush as well. Changing to the return style plumbing and changing the in tank lines to and it still does it then I guess I will turn it into an early 4th of July spectacular.. (ok maybe kidding on the last point)