Threaded View

Www.hotboat.com - sold

Yes you read that correctly. The website has been sold. The new owners have committed to keep things pretty much the same as they have been since I brought the site back to life in 2012. Hard to believe its been that long.

Its been an amazing journey and I am very grateful to all of those who have contributed to the site over these past almost 4 years, I cannot thank you enough.

The transfer will take several weeks and hopefully will be transparent to all of you.

This is not something I wanted to do, but under the circumstances it was something that had to be done.

I have committed to stick around for awhile (where else am I going to go lol), and hopefully they will let me keep my screen name. I have also committed to continue to cover boating events, races, shows, etc. as I have done over the past 4 years (maybe I'll actually get paid now).

My only regret is not having the time or money to make this iconic website great again. Hopefully Broadview & our new President will be able to accomplish that. (I'm kinda looking forward to not having to be PC anymore hahaha)

The new owners may or may not introduce themselves, as I mentioned, they wish to be fairly transparent. I can't tell you how the moderator thing is going to work, but I'm sure in the near future this will all be discussed.

I wish Broadview the best of luck and look forward to remaining a part of this website for years to come.

Thank you all once again.

Vic
    Last edited by HB Vic; 09-08-2016 at 03:03 PM.