Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canal trip

canal trip

I'm not sure of placing this post in the right forum.
    the wife and I went on a trip recently on a canal trip with your regular liftlocks,but also a rail system liftlock called 'The Big Chute',so will we were waiting for our turn,i took a couple of pics.pretty awesome lift with great weather,thanks for those koozies hotboat, as you can see they are in working order. Name:  IMG_5850.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  103.9 KBName:  IMG_5851.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  104.5 KB

What am I looking at here other than the Hotboat coozie lol

This railway lift is submerged in the water,you drive in,and it cradles your boat with straps, then it runs on rails comes right out of the water , the straps hold your boat in position and over a big rock incline and over to the next lake approx 60' high, then back in the water on the next lake,the straps go down and you drive away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Is this near Lake St CLair??? I've done a little boating there, I like it...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Is this near Lake St CLair??? I've done a little boating there, I like it...
    Lots of people I know go there and they have lots of events going on there during the summer, I believe lake st Clair is joined by Lake Erie and Lake Huron , this place is between Lake Ontario and Georgian bay which goes into Lake Huron

Ok, its nice up there when the water is soft... Colder than a witches tit in the winter...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Ok, its nice up there when the water is soft... Colder than a witches tit in the winter...

We had a great time and plan another trip for next year, With maybe a extra day or two.and yes during the summer months up here when the temp is in the 80-90's.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnoutlaw View Post
    We had a great time and plan another trip for next year, With maybe a extra day or two.and yes during the summer months up here when the temp is in the 80-90's.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnoutlaw View Post
    This railway lift is submerged in the water,you drive in,and it cradles your boat with straps, then it runs on rails comes right out of the water , the straps hold your boat in position and over a big rock incline and over to the next lake approx 60' high, then back in the water on the next lake,the straps go down and you drive away

That actually sounds like a fun day boating! 👍

This is really cool! I'd like to do this! What is on the bottom of the boat?