Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name:  Dwight Bale Conquest.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  113.4 KBName:  Dragstrip 004.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  107.6 KBName:  Night staging OCIR.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  94.2 KB2MM,
    If you could only see my adolescence through my eyes. I was the kid at Lions hanging on to the chainlink fence at the starting line, eyes burning, weezing from the nitro vapors I was gladly inhaling. I was the kid hanging around in the pits at O.C.I.R., watching intently as the crews wrenched on whatever. I was the young boy at Ray Caselli's shop with my Dad, taking in every detail of his boat. I was the teenager who bought a 392 Hemi from Adlen Bros Wrecking yard at 17, even though I didn't have anything to put it in, I just knew I had to have one. As a Senior in High School, I went to the Plymouth trouble Shooting Contest .I was the kid who hung out with the miscreants in the car club so many nights, even instead of going to Prom Night. I hopped up my older brother's mini-bike Briggs and Stratton engine when I was in Jr. High to the point of blowing it up on Cox Racing Fuel and alcohol, I was short on experience, but long on enthusiasm. To date, every car I've ever owned has had it's engine built, either stock, or modified, by me. From the first model kit I ever built, I was interested in the engine and how it went together. Today, as an adult, I am still "into" engines, but I haven't had a "fueler"...yet. It is my intention to go for the apex of power, to build a fuel Hemi of my own, before the man upstairs calls for me. I guess it's just something that started when I was just a kid. I can blame guys like Amos, Ed Pink, Dave Zeuschel, Keith Black, Joe Mondello, Joe Reath, etc, for fanning the flames of a teenaged boy's interests.
    Last edited by spike morelli; 01-26-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    verrrrry sorry I missed your post my friend...

i have told SharpShooter and others that I feel CHEATED that I didnt get to experience the SoCal drag race/boat race/sprint boat scene...

Let me go backwards and read/catch up Spike... THanks sir...

Ole Amos had his hands on some cammers apparently with the M/T cars and a few others... Based on what I was reading about him and the cars / rails he wrenched on late 60's... I was reading all the FORD propaganda on Network 54

It would be a honor to have the chance and learn a few things before these guys pass to the other side...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 02-03-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Great thread Bruce! Amos was huge in boat racing! Great post Spike (as usual).

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but this is Amos' son-in-law and he passed away on April 4th, 2019. His memorial is going to be at the NHRA museum in Pomona on May 11th at 2:00 PM. All are invited that knew him. Should be a good get together for all of his friends and family. More information you can email me at info@pcdesigngroup.com

I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread but this is Amos' Son-in-law. My wife (Susie) and I were taking care of him for the past three years after his stroke. But sadly he passed away on 4-4-19. His memorial will be held at the NHRA museum on 5-11-19 at 2:00 PM all are welcome. If you need any other information please email me at info@pcdesigngroup.com

What a loss to the racing world. So very sorry to read this.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Very sad to hear of your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcdesign View Post
    I don't know if anyone is still looking at this thread but this is Amos' Son-in-law. My wife (Susie) and I were taking care of him for the past three years after his stroke. But sadly he passed away on 4-4-19. His memorial will be held at the NHRA museum on 5-11-19 at 2:00 PM all are welcome. If you need any other information please email me at info@pcdesigngroup.com
    Darn it.... Im very sorry to read this sir....

As usual I am late.... My new work project has me covered up....

Please give my sympathy to all of the family from a very big fan of one very special Famous Amos.... I hope to get the correct video from Lou Osman and upload to youtube after doing some editing/clean up of the footage....

Sorry for your loss
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams