Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lymphoma in dogs

Our dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma. He had a bad cough, took him to the vet a couple weeks ago, Vet said he had pneumonia and his lymph nodes were swollen. Fast forward to yesterday. Vet tested his lymph nodes and confirmed cancer.

He sees a oncologist Tuesday.

It's been 30+ years since I've owned a dog. I used to have two. This little guy has grown on me over the past year or so and now it looks like his days are numbered.

Tears me apart really. What a fucked up thing to do to a dog who does nothing but give you love and companionship.

I'm hearing chemo might extend his time by a year or several. I've also heard dogs take chemo much better than humans.

Anyone been through this??

Name:  IMG_1894.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  60.5 KB

Yeah that's me, a very rare picture around here and Biggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer, I hate to hear that, but I can send you to someone who might be able to help or at least answer some of your questions, my Wife Terri works with a animal behaviorist/veterinarian technician, she's out West in California, I attached a link to her web-site, go the "Dear Shannon" and ask her what's best for your doggie, she's great, you won't be sorry.

He's a cute little guy, good luck.

https://trulyforcefree.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Bummer, I hate to hear that, but I can send you to someone who might be able to help or at least answer some of your questions, my Wife Terri works with a animal behaviorist/veterinarian technician, she's out West in California, I attached a link to her web-site, go the "Dear Shannon" and ask her what's best for your doggie, she's great, you won't be sorry.

He's a cute little guy, good luck.

https://trulyforcefree.com/
    Sucks for sure. We've only had him for a year and a half or so, but man do you get attached so quick.

I'll check out the link, thank you!!

Wow, Vic. I'm so sorry to hear this IMO I don't think I'd put him through the treatment, but that's a hard decision to make. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.K034 View Post
    Wow, Vic. I'm so sorry to hear this IMO I don't think I'd put him through the treatment, but that's a hard decision to make. Idk.

We're here now. His treatment starts today. Fingers crossed

Name:  IMG_1906.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  63.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    We're here now. His treatment starts today. Fingers crossed

Name:  IMG_1906.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  63.0 KB

We will keep them crossed!! This is sad. Keep us posted buddy!

Chemo round one done. He has stage 4 lymphoma. We don't know which lymphoma but it doesn't matter, the treatment is the same. Hoping for the best.

Name:  IMG_1918.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  114.2 KB

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    Good luck Biggy!

Max, Simon and Joey wish you a happy remission.
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Very sad news sir... :(

With regard to advice/connections in this area, UncleDave MIGHT have some connections in this immediate area... I will ping him...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

So sorry to read this. I have lost 3 dogs to cancer. Seems like the dogs don't show signs of being sick until they are very sick. Wish you and your doggie all the best and hope for a miracle. It tears me apart every time I lose one of our dogs.