Lavey Craft 29 vacuum Bagging...

Very laborious intense process.

Takes tons of prep and work even with 12 hands - but the result is a lighter stronger boat.

UD

Thats intense. I've seen it before, but it never gets old.

I don't suppose there are any books, instructions manuals, or white papers on how to do this properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Thats intense. I've seen it before, but it never gets old.

I don't suppose there are any books, instructions manuals, or white papers on how to do this properly?
    I've seen some small parts bagging on youtube, but the instructions never "really" tell you what to do and how to handle issue that may arise.

I know if you do it wrong at this stage you blow the whole build and start over.

UD

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I've had the fortune of watching my cousin do some glass and carbon fiber layups/vacuum bagging. He/they use PVA (Poly Vinyl Acetate) material which can be shaped easily to fit the mould and the edges can be layered/sealed together to actually make a true bag...

The demo my cousin showed was how UN-uniform about 5 layers of cloth are when worked by hand versus the same amount put under vacuum... The "bagged" part was considerably thinner and VERY uniform in thickness in comparison...

Cool video Uncle...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams