Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Name:  IMG_3249.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  104.2 KBName:  IMG_3250.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  97.6 KBName:  IMG_3252.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  97.7 KB I took a lot more photos than what's here........for whatever reason, my computer denies attaching half of the photos because it says the "file is to large"....AAAARRGG!

In addition, I must say, the cheeseburger that I had at the event was SUPERB! Seriously, pretty darned good for event food. Ice cold sodas and water bottles were only a buck, several beer vendors too. Loporchio's T-Shirts had all of their popular designs on display and for sale. There was rock 'n roll music playing over the P.A. system. I wish more of my photos would download. Again, this was NOT a drag race . Kudos to the city of Bakersfield for allowing people to get their boats wet. My boats stayed home this time, but NEXT time...........
    Last edited by spike morelli; 07-23-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    THanks so much Spike!!! Nice stuff...

I soooooooooo wanted to make the trip up there and spend some time with you sir... I just have so much on my plate getting things packed up here for the moving van...

Ironically I heard a funny story yesterday that you might appreciate, our real estate agent (lives in spinaker bay/next to marine stadium) said he has photos from his youth of the drag races at THE BEACH/marine stadium that I wanna get copies of... He went on to say "and i worked for the mortician" which made me chuckle, think of you... Apparently he ACTUALLY DID literally work for the local mortician near marine stadium, it made me think of you and your boat... It was funny hearing him say that in the context of marine stadium and old history of drag boat racing...

LONG LIVE SoCal BOAT RACING, where it all started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 07-24-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Cool pics! .....thanks!

For me, had I sent my Hilborn Injection fuel pump in sooner for servicing, and had more lead time in advance, I could have taken Too Much ( my restored blown gas hydro, not running right now due to pump servicing ), and put it in the water. It would have been perfect....no pressure, plenty of people to help at the ramp, NO SALT WATER, major historical location, and an appreciative group of enthusiasts and old friends. This was a missed opportunity. Oh, and like the poster said, admission was FREE! On the way to Lake Ming, we drove through Hart Park, where so-cal boat drag racing first started. If those places could talk.

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    For me, had I sent my Hilborn Injection fuel pump in sooner for servicing, and had more lead time in advance, I could have taken Too Much ( my restored blown gas hydro, not running right now due to pump servicing ), and put it in the water. It would have been perfect....no pressure, plenty of people to help at the ramp, NO SALT WATER, major historical location, and an appreciative group of enthusiasts and old friends. This was a missed opportunity. Oh, and like the poster said, admission was FREE! On the way to Lake Ming, we drove through Hart Park, where so-cal boat drag racing first started. If those places could talk.
    If you want to make a commitment for next years event, count me in and I will put it on the 2017 calendar Spike... We're not getting any younger, at least IM not... I could combine the trip to Bakersfield and Long Beach Circle Sprints assuming the dates for those two events stay the same...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Only pics on the net of this event so far thanks finally get to see a pic of my boat I didn't take

You're quite welcome Lineman. As I said, I took lots more photos of the boats at this event than got posted. For some reason, some got posted while others were considered "too large' by my computer. All the boats there were worth photographing. There were various different boats there from more family-ish ski boats, to dedicated drag boats.....and I get it.....everyone there is just as proud of their respective toy as the guy next to them. It's the way it should be. I'd even go as far as to say you don't need to give out Trophys because that tends to make these get-togethers a competition. Once you make an event a competition, some very worthy boats stay home because the owners can't "out money" some of the "showboats" and trailer queens. Anyway, it's just my opinion.
    You're right about there being no internet coverage besides this , and we haven't even touched on the nice hot rods and custom bikes that were in attendance.
    Last edited by spike morelli; 08-01-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdwlineman96 View Post
    Only pics on the net of this event so far thanks finally get to see a pic of my boat I didn't take
    Welcome to HOTBOAT lineman you have a nice piece of history there...

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    You're quite welcome Lineman. As I said, I took lots more photos of the boats at this event than got posted. For some reason, some got posted while others were considered "too large' by my computer. All the boats there were worth photographing. There were various different boats there from more family-ish ski boats, to dedicated drag boats.....and I get it.....everyone there is just as proud of their respective toy as the guy next to them. It's the way it should be. I'd even go as far as to say you don't need to give out Trophys because that tends to make these get-togethers a competition. Once you make an event a competition, some very worthy boats stay home because the owners can't "out money" some of the "showboats" and trailer queens. Anyway, it's just my opinion.
    You're right about there being no internet coverage besides this , and we haven't even touched on the nice hot rods and custom bikes that were in attendance.
    Well post em up Chief... kidding... We're waiting patiently...

I have noticed recently that the MAX file size we can upload has changed recently, which is no biggie for me... Maybe your upload denials are due to some recent change in MAX file/format size... I used to be able to upload close to 1mb jpegs, now I think the max is closer to .5mb
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-02-2016 at 08:23 AM.

It has changed. When we were having issues Admin cranked it down, however, since that happened I found out the issue was actually with GoDaddy and not our software. We ran with big files forever, I think we can safely turn it back up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk