Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

School me on the Brexit...

I generally follow this type of stuff by for some reason I have not followed this. Can someone tell me what the bottom line is for the Brexit?
    I thought the UK was not part of the EU since they had their own currency???

I'm not sure if this belongs in the political thread or not since it's not in the USA but if it does, please move this thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    It belongs in the FINANCIAL thread

Watch what happens today... THis was yesterday's close... Ever hear the term "shoulda, coulda, woulda"???

Figga out what + 1.5% on 800k looks like versus - 5% on 800k....

Name:  6_23_dow.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  35.2 KB
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

THe UK has historically been the strongest currency in the world, I feel like the social approach AND the uncertainty of the spains/greece of the EU doesn't jive with the strong fiscal discipline of the British pound...

"Gayeski agrees that U.S. stocks could take a hit, though not a big one. He said it's "probably 3% to 5%." He said a more serious drop of 10% (technically called a correction) or 20% (a bear market) "sounds extreme" at this point."
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-24-2016 at 04:51 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

So does this mean the price of fish and chips is gonna go up?

Brexit

Well it's gonna be a fun day for the markets. I should have gone to bed last night before the vote. May have slept better. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    So does this mean the price of fish and chips is gonna go up?

As with most things, the U.S. can make them FAR better than the brits... So it shouldn't have any impact...

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-24-2016 at 05:42 AM.

RR, you can replace "U.S." or "America" with Britain and see where they were headed being in the E.U.... Greece is toast, they have totally lost their identity/sovereignty and will never escape their financial debt to the E.U... I feel the Britain people are too strong/smart to ever get that far down the tubes as it relates to the E.U.....

The essential importance of U.S. sovereignty

Of critical importance to all patriotic Americans is the Constitution of the United States of America. The purpose of our government is to preserve and protect for each citizen the rights of life, liberty, and property. Threats to Constitutional rights due to forces outside America might be viewed in terms of a loss of Sovereignty.

Pacified into thinking there is no problem

For a great many years I had not given much thought that a loss of U.S. Sovereignty was much of a danger. On the surface I recognized the fact that America had in the past been involved in great wars. The threats from fascist and totalitarian governments were overcome as Americans patriotically rose to the defense of home, country, and freedom. Like most Americans, I had thought that the greatest danger to American Sovereignty would always come from this type of external hostility.

A subtle and hidden danger

In recent years I have become alert to a different, more subtle and sinister way in which Americans can lose their Sovereignty and Constitutional rights. If the United States enters into a treaty with another country, group of countries or international organizations, then the citizens of the United States are subject to the terms of such treaties. If the terms of international treaties are contrary in any way to the fundamental Constitutional Rights, America's Sovereignty is compromised. Americans are then in jeopardy of losing their most cherished freedoms.

I'd spend the day at a sports bar watching Bloomberg TV double fisted just in case

I heard on the radio this morning, after the gym, that the price of oil will take hit and interest rates will go down.
    Sounds like the exit had something to do with the U.K. Immigration as well

The market open wasn't AS BAD as all of they hype... Rebounding a little already...