Hybrid View

sweeeet ride! i too am in the same boat...lol always dreamed and just bought one! and am a plumbing engineering designer..

lots to read here and there

can get info from Berkeley.com on the jet

i asked the same questions about out of water flushing and conclude should run a hose to inlet of pump to keep cool, i then run a tee to another hose where i have a similar hose connection into the engine cooling line from the pump. i start the water in the pump, start engine, then start engine hose feed... reverse order when shutting down. (i figure it keeps water from entering exhaust while off, i have fairly high pressure.)

im learning about the engine but got lucky with what i got. runs great!

good luck with her and keep posting...

Quote Originally Posted by HydroHaulic View Post
    sweeeet ride! i too am in the same boat...lol always dreamed and just bought one! and am a plumbing engineering designer..

lots to read here and there

can get info from Berkeley.com on the jet

i asked the same questions about out of water flushing and conclude should run a hose to inlet of pump to keep cool, i then run a tee to another hose where i have a similar hose connection into the engine cooling line from the pump. i start the water in the pump, start engine, then start engine hose feed... reverse order when shutting down. (i figure it keeps water from entering exhaust while off, i have fairly high pressure.)

im learning about the engine but got lucky with what i got. runs great!

good luck with her and keep posting...

Great advice, that is the way I start mine on the trailer too.

I still have my 1975 19' Southwind. Now it will be my son`s and I`ll do my 3rd and final resto to it then itll be on him for life. Love the hull. Tough son of a bitch lol