Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CA DMV weight fee???? WTF!!!!!

So I got my registration renewal notice in the mail for my new truck and it is close to $500 for a 2008

What caught my attention is a $200 and some change weight fee.

WTF is this???? I didnt see it on my last truck. Is this normal on a 2500 4x4?
    Seems like $500 is a bit steep for a truck that cost just under $25k.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    ahahahah, when I first read your new thread title I read "CA DMV "WAIT FREE""... I knew that couldn't be right... I had better clean my glasses...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

that is how Moonbeam and his Dem buddies figured out how to get extra tax money without hoopla, raise the regis. of cars and trucks, he has to pay for that bullet train someway............

Quote Originally Posted by rioracr View Post
    that is how Moonbeam and his Dem buddies figured out how to get extra tax money without hoopla, raise the regis. of cars and trucks, he has to pay for that bullet train someway............
    Yah but a damn weight fee that costs as much as the registration is effing ridiculous!!!

Guess it's legit just looked up an old registration from my moms truck and she got charged also fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question from Texas....

You pay ~$500 a year in registration? What does a vehicle inspection cost? Are there any other fees associated with owning/driving a car in Cali?

Just another reason to gtfo. I could/would change mine to Az, but more than likely the revenue enforcers (CHP) would give me a ticket, and the revenue collector (the judge) would force me to pay. Without getting political, Ca. has to come up with creative ways to cover their distribution of costs. They finally realized their losing their ass on zero emission vehicles, not to mention the massive money pit mass transfer garbage. Someone has to pay for that. Who else but those of us who can afford it.

Imagine if we all never used gas, electricity, or owned property. They'd have to tax us on our body weight LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
    Question from Texas....

You pay ~$500 a year in registration? What does a vehicle inspection cost? Are there any other fees associated with owning/driving a car in Cali?
    wonderful smog check every 2 years costs about $50.
    If you dont pass smog, you dont get to register your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Just another reason to gtfo. I could/would change mine to Az, but more than likely the revenue enforcers (CHP) would give me a ticket, and the revenue collector (the judge) would force me to pay. Without getting political, Ca. has to come up with creative ways to cover their distribution of costs. They finally realized their losing their ass on zero emission vehicles, not to mention the massive money pit mass transfer garbage. Someone has to pay for that. Who else but those of us who can afford it.

Imagine if we all never used gas, electricity, or owned property. They'd have to tax us on our body weight LOL
    lol.
    Are you boats registered in AZ?

Did you hear about the idea of them taxing us on the distance we drive to work to make up the revenue from the 0 emissions vehicles.
    I would be screwed at 100+ miles per day.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    lol.
    Are you boats registered in AZ?

Did you hear about the idea of them taxing us on the distance we drive to work to make up the revenue from the 0 emissions vehicles.
    I would be screwed at 100+ miles per day.
    Az yes. Let them try to tax me on how far I drive. Fuckers.