Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, my 78 Sonic 496 build!

Hello, New to the board, and happy to be here! Hope to meet alot of new friends!
    I bought a 78 Sonic jet, with a blown up "van" 350, for a song and dance!
    Paint and interior already done, so my project revolves around my new power plant!
    Hope to learn alot from the experienced hot boaters on here, and always open to advice and opinions!
    We begin.....
    I bought this boat for $2000, local to me on Lake Hartwell, on the SC/ GA line.
    Now... how the hell do I post pix from my phone!!!!
    LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

First thing...... pull the old shitty motor!!!

First thing...... pull the old shitty motor!!!

Now time to start gathering parts!!!!!

Found a nice mark IV 454, '90 model, 4 bolt main! $500 with a box of parts, AND an Eagle cast crank! Going to sell the crank, that should help deferre cost a tad
    Anyone need it? Std. Std., perfect shape, and stronger than factory cast cranks.
    Had the radiused oil holes, chamfered journals, and a clean casting look!
    Anyhow.... let me know.... moving on...

Now to the good stuff!!!
    Ordered my Scat fully forged rotating assembly, and alanced. H- beam forged rods, 18cc forged pistons, all bearings, and rings- so getting ready!! $1800 on a deal, but still adding up.....
    When I get it, I'll post pix.
    Hoping to stay pump gas friendly.....

Now to the good stuff!!!
    Ordered my Scat fully forged rotating assembly, and alanced. H- beam forged rods, 18cc forged pistons, all bearings, and rings- so getting ready!! $1800 on a deal, but still adding up.....
    When I get it, I'll post pix.
    Hoping to stay pump gas friendly.....

My buddy/ best frirnd/ brother just donated a set of Dart aluminum high rise valve covers!!!
    Oh yeah!!! Just need to sand and polish them up, now!!!

$0. Awesome! !

Now, since I have the Dart valve covers, and great deal popped up on CL, how could I refuse! !
    $1500 negotiated, for a set of Dart 308 Race Series aluminum heads, already fully ported and polished!! With ss valves, springs, and push rod guides, COMPLETE! NEVER RUN!!! HELL YEAH!!!