My brother is worried about his six year old kid and being raised right. My brother is very smart was a straight A student. But he hung around the screw up kids as a teenager. The lazy smoke pot and drink beer everyday. The stealing cars, breaking into houses and dealing drugs kind of kids. He's a computer programmer, has an ok job. But most of his friends are dead beat losers at 40+. His best friend was a garden laborer, wife left him, didn't pay child support. Moved into his parents basement and stayed drunk. Finally killed himself! Other friends are pretty much like that guy. He thinks I'm a snob. Even though we came from an upper middle class family. He admits his social skills make life very hard career wise. This is what I said, drop all the loser adults in your life. Meet your kids friends parents. If they seem good take them out for dinner. If they are active in their kids lives, have your kid play with that kid afterschool. Dead beat parents keep it school only. I say have quality people and kids around his kid will do fine. He thinks I mean rich kids and their parents. I reminded his friends that are losers their parents things like accountants and dentists! I gave the example of my friends parents, dad was a construction worker and mom taught school. Not rich, not poor, average. The parents had great friends around with their kids, doing things like camping. My friend at 11 wanted a skateboard his parents wouldn't buy too expensive. So he fished golf balls out of the ponds at golf courses and sold them to golfers in the parking lot! I said hang around people like that, with kids that have social and smarts to make it in the world. He's still defending his dirt bag friends, oh he's a great guy. My Dad used to tell him stop hanging around with that kid, he's a loser. Brother wrote it off as Dads a snob. Funny he's saying the same with me!