Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

WEll..... He's gone.....

I pray that somewhere along his journey he came to know Christ as his Lord and Savior...

"Prince, a dizzylingly prolific multi-instrumentalist and virtuosic performer, was found dead at his home and recording studio in Minnesota early on Thursday, his publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, told The Hollywood Reporter. He was 57.

Deputies are on scene at Paisley Park in Chanhassen conducting a death investigation currently, authorities said. No further details were immediately available and the cause of death is not being released at this time.

The performer was born Prince Rogers Nelson June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minn."

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I pray that somewhere along his journey he came to know Christ as his Lord and Savior...

His treatment of those around him makes me think so, he was a gentle /private man in many ways.

A friend of mine got to perform with him on stage back in March while playing a Ray Charles tribute..... the Purple One decided to just pop in unannounced.

Name:  Prince-Ray-Charles-Tribute.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  415.8 KB
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch

Purple Rain!

RIP ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I underestimated Prince way back when until I heard him do the guitar work in Purple Rain. Holy crap, he could play that thing!!! He will be missed.

I can't say I was ever a fan of Prince, or the artist formerly known as Prince. His act didn't really speak to me and I've never bought any of Prince's music. That being said, I do appreciate his guitar work even though it's just not my thing, and I'm sure he passed before his time.

Sad....looking more and more like an OD....

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Sad....looking more and more like an OD....

That's too bad what a sad deal

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    As a people we need to learn, learn, continue to learn from history/mistakes/success of those around us and our founding fathers/framers/grandparents/icons...

I just pray that even ONE young person can quit opiates OR not start as a lesson from his passing IF that is what Prince died from...

We have lost tooo much as a nation from substance abuse/opiates... I tear up every time I hear a Sublime song, thinking "what if he was still here"...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Guy was a class act................RIP