This weekend.

Where is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Where is this?

Pomona fairplex.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Ive got some great memories from the Street Machine Nationals in SPringfield Illinois... from like 1980-1984 time frame... They had to shut it down due to the insane street racing...

At the high point, I know that I saw 100 Illinois state troopers coming down the street to shut it down at 3-4AM... Nothing but popo cars as far as you could see closing in on us on Business 55 (I think)...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Ive got some great memories from the Street Machine Nationals in SPringfield Illinois... from like 1980-1984 time frame... They had to shut it down due to the insane street racing...

At the high point, I know that I saw 100 Illinois state troopers coming down the street to shut it down at 3-4AM... Nothing but popo cars as far as you could see closing in on us on Business 55 (I think)...
    I remember reading about this event and thinking it might be worth flying out for. I didn't realize they held these in norcal though.

This is the 2nd or 3rd year at Pomona and my first time. Regular car shows can be boring, but these mega shows full of vendors, 1500+ cars, cruising, chassis dyno and autocross are pretty cool. I registered back in December getting the early bird cheapo price which was less than the price of admission to spectate and that's for all 4 of us.

So today (friday) was open to check in for those who were able. My experience is many show guys almost fight to get the good spots and show as early as possible to get them. Today, there were plenty of early birds for the inside exhibit rooms but, only a few cars weathered the storm for outside early check in. These guys will show up late instead of getting their cars wet. We took advantage!

I think I'm gonna go tomorrow and snap a few pics

Cool Vic! See ya there!

Looking forward to seeing some!
    Last edited by westair; 03-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Tons of pics coming later. Un freaking believable machines here today

For now
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457816160.222661.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  348.2 KB