Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Really??? I was texting the guy and he said it goes 35 now with the 115hp now. Figured that was going down river with a tail wind lol but was hoping to see around 40 or so with a 250....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol. That things a sled. He's using a very poor calibrated water pick up. The #1 killer of speed on boats is a GPS speedo.

Nice boat. I have logged around 2500 hours on a similar boat. I highly recommend them for boaters:
    1. Spend a ton of days on the water (racking the wear, tear, an even enjoying your performance boat not practical.)
    2. Allows you to actually get other purpose boats that you exactly want.
    3. If you have small kids or are entertaining - you will be able to relax knowing they could not even light the thing on fire and effect your program
    4. You will always be able to sell for what you have into it.

On to the motor:
    1. In my case I have a 140 Tohatsu (Nissan) it has been bullet proof
    2. Top speed maybe low 30 - depending on load. Speed should not be your concern - keeping the surface temperature of the pole below atomic hot would be priority 1.
    3. I would repower to a new gen 4 stroke for the fuel efficiency
    4. Unless you do the work and rig yourself you will be hard pressed to find someone who will mount something that big on a transom not rated for weight / HP. As others have said it is not like you will be doing 50 + in this thing ever

Enjoy!!!

Had a much lighter, no upper deck, 25' crestliner with a 135 2 stroke would do low to mid 30's with a few people. At that speed it was hard to keep it from cavitating from the toons lifting in the rear so much yet at slow speeds the motor was almost buried. Also used a lot of fuel over 3500 rpm, like way more than my 21 hallett with 454 mag cruising along side.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I may go take a look at this pontoon boat this weekend if I can get the guy down to $10-12k.

My question is, would this boat be able to accommodate a 250-300hp outboard? It currently has a 115HP with less than 100hrs on it.
    I just think that is kind of small for a 30ft pontoon.

What are your thoughts??

Attachment 59834

Attachment 59835

Attachment 59836

Attachment 59837

Attachment 59838

Attachment 59839

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...406501679.html
    I think the pontoon boats with a 3rd log are the sporty style pontoon that will take the higher hp motors ,there are also the ones with the lifting strakes on the sides of the reg 2 log set ups that will take the big hp motors. Any of the others are the old style grandpa pontoons that no one wants anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    lol. That things a sled. He's using a very poor calibrated water pick up. The #1 killer of speed on boats is a GPS speedo.
    Lol! BINGO! Just like every jet boat goes 80mph when they are for sale. Lol. The gps kills egos.

a pontoon is not about speed unless you are HB and have to get there fast, it is about how many ladies you can get on there to rock that new brass pole....................

Quote Originally Posted by rioracr View Post
    a pontoon is not about speed unless you are HB and have to get there fast, it is about how many ladies you can get on there to rock that new brass pole....................
    Every toon should have a 496HO

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Every toon should have a 496HO

absolutly..........................