Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Website webhosting change

Its that time of the year again. Hotboat has been hosted by Godaddy for a couple years now. Some of you may remember the issues we had early on when we were hosted by another large company. We even had issues when we were on a shared Godaddy server. For the past two years we've been on a dedicated server with Godaddy, and knock on wood, little to zero issues since then.

Like any other company, Godaddy is raising their rent. Somewhat substantially this year. I've been fortunate in the past to negotiate a pretty fair increase, this year is proving to be a little more difficult. Maybe they checked my history LOL.

The benefits of moving to another less expensive company initially are obvious. Lower rent. But when you look at the other costs, just as in moving your home, cheaper rent isn't always the best route to go. If I move the site, it could be down for days. And honestly I don't think the site could bear another long outage. So in addition to the soft costs of moving, I'm hesitate to go that route.

I do believe in time, and with less distraction on my end, Hotboat.com can do much better than it has. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you slice it, our minimal traffic is a motivating factor for Godaddy to work with me on price. If we were booming, they'd be less open to negotiate.

So for my sake, cross your fingers and lets see what Godaddy can do for us. I'll update this thread as things progress. I am optimistic we won't have to move and we can stay right where we're at.

HB

Good luck!! Let me know if you need a negotiator.

Sent from my Bat Cave using TapaStalk

Go Brady!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Good luck!! Let me know if you need a negotiator.

Go Brady!!
    We're very close. GoDaddy must incentivize their sales people properly, they will not take no for an answer. And that no isn't coming from me, its coming from their management. They seem to really pound on them. Great people to work with.

That's great!! There's no need for them to lose your business.

Go Brady!!

Host gator is who we use and it is less than godaddy and much more friendly

i know the pain of moving a site and the loss from being down, thats a tough call to make.
    Fishing, Hunting & Outdoors its part of life!
    OffishialBusiness.com

They host my and Terri's business web-sites and we got jabbed last year when we re-uped, it's almost doubled from when we started with them 5 years ago, next time we may have to change, good luck with opening their eyes.

BlueHost hosts about twenty sites for us. Very affordable and 24/7 customer service. We love them.

https://www.bluehost.com/
    The best things in life aren't things!

Moving sites is a nightmare. We moved once, don't wanna do that again. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Get 'em Daddy Vic
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

I'm motivated today. For many reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk