Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Back issues... ANyone here have experience with herniated disk?

Herniated lumbar disk L4/L5....

Looks like I may have to make a trip to Denver and see Doc Janssen....
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I hate back pain, that sucks 2MM, I guess you tried a chiropractor ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post

Bruce I have had the same problem with L4/L5 and L5/S 1 and actually had to have surgery to eliminate the pain and now I'm doing great I'm back to waterskiing but I can no longer play golf it's a weird deal.

Have you tried one of those upside down back things?
    From what I hear, they are supposed to do wonders for bad backs...

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    I hate back pain, that sucks 2MM, I guess you tried a chiropractor ?
    I had a lower back MRI to determine if there are OTHER sources to my
    leg/hip pain besides my bad hips... I have been to the CHiro a few times when the pain reached my toes... Most of the pain is isolated to my quads and glutes and not lower legs or even my back...

Quote Originally Posted by LB247XS View Post
    Bruce I have had the same problem with L4/L5 and L5/S 1 and actually had to have surgery to eliminate the pain and now I'm doing great I'm back to waterskiing but I can no longer play golf it's a weird deal.
    How would you describe your back pain buddy? Lets grab a few slices when I'm out in a few weeks...

Maybe we can get RiverRunner and/or HotBoat to meet up for the meat lovers pizza in Long Beach...

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Have you tried one of those upside down back things?
    From what I hear, they are supposed to do wonders for bad backs...
    RR, do you mean INVERSION table? I've tried it twice in the past...

I haven't done anything yet to remedy the pain besides take IBU...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 03-09-2016 at 06:54 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

I'm currently off work
    2 weeks off now it sucks and in pain. Herniated disc 6-7
    I went to see my doc about a week ago and he put me on gabapentin 300mg told me to start at one pill a day and graduate up to 3 pills a day ,
    Wow first time in 2 weeks no pain, I still feel it, but at least I'm not in pain . Get yourself checked out by your doc. Hope you get some relief from the pain. Important to take care of yourself

My wife had a career-ending injury as she was lifting a very large patient from one bed to another that brought her all the way to neurosurgery. The surgery helped for about 11 months then the symptoms returned at an excruciating level so she went to a chiropractor to see if she could find relief. They set her up with spinal decompression which progressively relieved the pains caused by the injury until she was eventually pain-free. We went on a ten mile bike ride yesterday AM and she came home and finished up a work cover to be shipped to Tennessee bent over a sewing machine for a couple hours with no issues whatsoever. She now swears by it and every couple years or so, she'll have a bit of discomfort and we'll set her up for another round of six which provides a couple years more relief. It may be worth a try. My wife swears by it.
    The best things in life aren't things!

leg/hip pain besides my bad hips... I have been to the CHiro a few times when the pain reached my toes... Most of the pain is isolated to my quads and glutes and not lower legs or even my back...

How would you describe your back pain buddy? Lets grab a few slices when I'm out in a few weeks...

Maybe we can get RiverRunner and/or HotBoat to meet up for the meat lovers pizza in Long Beach...

Hey B that's sounds good always up for a Marri's pizza.im pretty much pain free these days.i had the lamenectomy/microdiscetomy procedure.i would do anything to prevent surgery.look into physical therapy with traction type program to open up the spine to help decompress the disc.

I am game for this. When are you going to be in town???

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My wife had a career-ending injury as she was lifting a very large patient from one bed to another that brought her all the way to neurosurgery. The surgery helped for about 11 months then the symptoms returned at an excruciating level so she went to a chiropractor to see if she could find relief. They set her up with spinal decompression which progressively relieved the pains caused by the injury until she was eventually pain-free. We went on a ten mile bike ride yesterday AM and she came home and finished up a work cover to be shipped to Tennessee bent over a sewing machine for a couple hours with no issues whatsoever. She now swears by it and every couple years or so, she'll have a bit of discomfort and we'll set her up for another round of six which provides a couple years more relief. It may be worth a try. My wife swears by it.
    I will take that under advisement, at this point a 10 mile bike ride would do me in for several days... I just had new x-rays on my hips (two hours ago), in 2 1/2 yrs Im now bone on bone... The ortho surgeon is not worried about the back issue and wants to do my hips ASAP... My shock absorbers for my lower back are elGONEo amigo... :(

Quote Originally Posted by LB247XS View Post
    Hey B that's sounds good always up for a Marri's pizza.im pretty much pain free these days.i had the lamenectomy/microdiscetomy procedure.i would do anything to prevent surgery.look into physical therapy with traction type program to open up the spine to help decompress the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I am game for this. When are you going to be in town???
    I fly in Friday of next week... I should be available most of the week if you are going to be in the Lakewood area through the week amigo...