Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A quick video of the motor starting and idling smooth at 850 rpm.

Playing around with throttle response and acceleration and deceleration. The video doesn't show everything but we were running it with a load and slamming the throttle shut to test iac control. Plus its hard to resist revving it up just to hear how snappy 1200 hp can be.

Quick dyno pull. Sorry for the poor quality. You can see at the end of the clip smoke blowing off the header. A couple valve cover bolts were left loose and oil dripped on to the hot exhaust. Quick fix but boy does it scare you when you see smoke at 6000 rpm.

Wendi

25 daytona makeover

Very cool MM yeah a little scary on the smoke glad everything was fine.

[QUOTE=Menace Marine;6762]All the hardware on the boat was stripped and clear anodized. No more peeling purple powder coat. You can see the exhaust holes have not been drilled yet. I wanted to make sure the pipes would come out above the wing plates on the box and not interfear with the swim steps at all.
    Attachment 2361

Who did your clear anodize? I need to get mine redone?
    second place is the first loser

[QUOTE=convincor;9956]
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace Marine View Post
    All the hardware on the boat was stripped and clear anodized. No more peeling purple powder coat. You can see the exhaust holes have not been drilled yet. I wanted to make sure the pipes would come out above the wing plates on the box and not interfear with the swim steps at all.
    Attachment 2361

Who did your clear anodize? I need to get mine redone?
    I used a place called Mid Valley Anodizing in Burbank Ca. Any anodize shop should be able to handle it Just do a quick google search for someone in your area. Just remember the parts need to be polished first and cast parts don't come out well.

You guys are all over it. Looks great and very nice work. Super clean looking install.

Thanks
    second place is the first loser

Such a cool looking, fast boat. I love it! Great work so far.!!!

Did I miss the numbers on the video, what kind of power is that 14-71 making?